The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Auto transmission Connectors, Need pictures please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSXtacy724

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 16, 2008
Sharon, Pennsylvania
So I put another transmission in and the car (98 Eclipse GSX auto) is STILL in limp mode. Anyone have a picture or site that I can refer to, to make sure I have all my wires and connections right. Can anyone lead me in the right direction? Ive noticed the wire colors from the trans to the harness dont match and Im not sure if there plugged into the right connectors or not.

These should get you on the right track.

Attachments

• transmission_wiring_1.jpg
    transmission_wiring_1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 495
  • transmission_wiring_2.jpg
    transmission_wiring_2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 529
  • transmission_wiring_3.jpg
    transmission_wiring_3.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 523
  • transmission_wiring_4.jpg
    transmission_wiring_4.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 455
  • transmission_wiring_5.jpg
    transmission_wiring_5.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 376
Thanks man that does help alot! Now I just need to did out what they plug into. A few fit more then one

Limp mode means that the tranny control is either not plugged in, or it's just shot alltogether..

What connectors do you need to plug in? Or what's not plugged in that you need help finding?Pics would help in you can..

Bud92GSX, I will get more pics tomorrow, but in this picture, the connector has a white, red, orange, and a blue with yellow stripe, but I just noticed the blue with yellow stripe wire is broken and not connected to its wire which is probably no good...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
[/IMG]

ALSO, I took my TCU out of the car, and took the cover off of it and everything in there looks fine, nor does it have a odor. Is it possible that its bad but everything look ok? I will have another TCU to try thursday or friday as well as a new connector to replace the one in the picture. I will look at my car tomorrow and see what other connectors im not sure on. I need your help bro, so I hope you check this thread often haha. Thanks man!
This might be confusing, but I also need to know which wire/connector the very front sensor connects to. It has 2 red wires coming off it, and im pretty sure it goes into the valve body. Theres 2 connectors that it fits into...

Just got the transmission scanned by a tranny shops. Codes were 85-pressure control solenoid. 47-damper clutch control. And 45-pressure solenoid. Any ideas on any info bud?

85 will lock in 3rd gear (D) or 2nd gear (2, L) as a fail-safe measure.

That's your limp mode so it may or may not be the tcu.

Follow the checks. The last thing is to replace your tcu.

Attachments

• solenoid_check.jpg
    solenoid_check.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 235
  • code47.jpg
    code47.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 259
  • codes45_85.jpg
    codes45_85.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 247
  • valve_body1.jpg
    valve_body1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 336
  • valve_body2.jpg
    valve_body2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:
If your going to take off the tranny cover and check solonoids..You miz well just replace them if you don't have any electrical knowlage..Or any of the tools needed(DMM)..But if you do want to check them, I think Sears sells dmm's for like 30 bux..Not the most expensive, but should do the job..

You do need to get that blue/yellow tracer wire back into the connector..Just unclip the connector, strip the wire and re solder..Should take 10 min..If all your wires are not connected, then I would start there..But you do have tranny codes, but hey a wire not connected could throw codes..SO get that wire connected, clear the codes and see if that helps..If that's not the case then like the above post, then I would start checking the solonoids to see if there shot..

I wasn't planning to check the sols as this is the second trans with the same problem. Do you know if the wiring harnesses are different for a '95-'96 (trans) compared to a '98 (car)? The wire colors don't match so I'm wondering if that's my problem. The 'new' trans had a cable VSS and my car is electric, can this cause probs?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back