The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

auto trans on 91 awd talon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pb_evil

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 15, 2012
elmhurst, Illinois
i bought a91 awd auto talon and blew the motor, replaced the motor and realized a crack in the trans bell housing running from top bolt hole to the other top bolt hole! welding it is out of the question and mitsu deems the trans obsolete and does not have new ones for sale, i am having the hardest time comingup with a solution...help!

Look around on here for part outs, and vendors and salvage yards, mine was repaired with the broken piece at my local welder here fixed, and cheap. Again look around post wtb when you can in the mean time try other sources besides the forum since you can buy here yet. .

Look around on here for part outs, and vendors and salvage yards, mine was repaired with the broken piece at my local welder here fixed, and cheap. Again look around post wtb when you can in the mean time try other sources besides the forum since you can buy here yet. .

thanks for the reply although i am 100% certain that a weld will not be sufficient in holding my trans together

"This guy might have 1, or may know where to get one.. LOTS-O-1G DSM PARTS - DSM Classifieds Not sure how far he is from you but there it is"

i appreciate it, ill give him a try.

I had two welded and it was good as new, i still have the one im using and its great. Post a pic of the broken piece i cant see why you cant have it welded.

I had two welded and it was good as new, i still have the one im using and its great. Post a pic of the broken piece i cant see why you cant have it welded.

itsat my mechanics shop but literally the very top of the trans bell from one bolt hole to the other and the piece is not just cracked but broken and a weld from both sides would be my only option and even after the trans is married to the motor isnt it going to likely crack again... how long have you ran the welded one?

For four months mine broke it was welded and it works fine, a pieced actually broke off it was fixed. My other held up just fine too.

When I blew my auto I had it all redone by level 10 transmissions. I love it and havnt had a problem with it. I did the blue plate package and they say it's good up to 700 hp.

where are they located and that would be a nice uprgade... what about the torque converter and how it launches?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back