The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Auto trans fluid nipple size?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1990TSIAWDTALON

Nov 14, 2013
Independence, Kansas
Hey auto guys, what is the size for the inlet and outlet fluid nipples that are on the top of the W4A33 transmission?
My core didn't have them and I can't find them on any exploded view diagrams. They look to be straight threads with an o-ring on them to seal them to the case (on my other transmission that is in my car right now). I see everything but them, can you guys/gals help me out? This is on a 1992 W4A33.
Thanks all!!!
Marty

M12x1.25 if im not mistaken ORB fitment

I could tell it was an ORB fitting but a 6an ORB was too big. I don't want to look for and order the wrong size. I wish I still had the wrecked Spyder that got stolen at our place, it had a auto in it that I could have robbed the nipples out of since the trans was busted after the thieves stole it and wrecked it.
Thanks Bobby!

I could tell it was an ORB fitting but a 6an ORB was too big. I don't want to look for and order the wrong size. I wish I still had the wrecked Spyder that got stolen at our place, it had a auto in it that I could have robbed the nipples out of since the trans was busted after the thieves stole it and wrecked it.
Thanks Bobby!
6AN is imperial sized as you know so the threads wont be that. but my fittings are m12 to 6AN for the cooler. i think the factory size is closer to 3/8 ID hose and they use 6AN as its a fraction bigger so better flow or so thats the idea anyway

That is exactly what I am going to do also. I am putting in a 12x1.25 to 6AN adaptor then using a 6AN to 3/8" hose barb fitting. Does that sound correct Bobby? I appreciate your time and knowledge!

That is exactly what I am going to do also. I am putting in a 12x1.25 to 6AN adaptor then using a 6AN to 3/8" hose barb fitting. Does that sound correct Bobby? I appreciate your time and knowledge!
no your fitting will be like this

M12x1.25 fitting with 3/8 barb for push on hose to the cooler which will be 3/8 bard to what ever thread the cooler has in that. you dont need to use 6AN anything since your not running true AN lines

That way will work but my advice is to use a 90° AN to push on and not a straight. You will thank me later due to space and ease of fitting etc

No need to thank you later, THANK YOU NOW! :thumb:

Hey Bobby, just want to show my appreciation with a thanks again. The 12x1.25 fittings came in and they mate up perfectly.
I like to have conclusions to threads so others can find the answers that they have, so here is the fitting that I went with for the cooler outlets on the transmission case if your transmission is missing them or you want to adapt over to AN fittings. I put AN to hose barb fittings on my application and give credit to @ec17pse for his guidance!
Post #2 would have been the correct answer to my inquiry. ROFL
Marty
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086RCSDD...imm_ZC1GS6WA4T1N09KGRPHW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Will do and should have :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back