The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Auto to Manual Swap Electrical Tasks

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVLGSX

5+ Year Contributor
Dec 7, 2017
Wallingford, Connecticut
I picked up a 97 GST about 3 weeks ago. Cheap.

-The car was an auto, half way through a manual swap.
-The car was a GST, half way through a GSX swap.
-The car had grey interior, half way through a Black interior swap.
-Engine bay was in spray can primer- very poorly done, over spray everywhere.

Half way through = carelessly ripped apart I guess. Way too much going on at once.

Absolute mess. Bolts snapped off EVERYWHERE. Ive drilled and tapped dozens of 6x1.0 this week. And about half as many 8x1.25's.

On top of that, this dude just loved to tear shit apart. I received most of the cars parts in boxes. He was also into this rubber crap he sprayed all over the place. Spent lots of time peeling that off of various surfaces.

The shell is in great shape........ I saw the potential.

So- Im going to get it running and driving as a Manual GS-T with Black leather interior.
Shortly after this is accomplished, I will carry out the AWD swap which I have all of the parts to execute.

As of today,
- Engine bay is now base/cleared the OEM color.
-Engine and manual trans are now installed along with all manual parts (pedals/hydraulics/cables/shifter/etc)
-Black interior is now complete and installed

So on to my question- I know I have to find the large automatic trans plug and short 2 of its wires toghether for the neutral safety switch. That part I am clear on.

However, I cannot find any info about which wires would be hooked up to the reverse light switch on the manual transmission. Ive skimmed through several auto to manual swap threads and cannot find anything about this detail.......Anyone???

I have nothing informative to bring to the thread, but thank you for not letting this car rot in someones garage or junk yard. Sounds like a lot of work but at least you are getting it all back together!

It was headed for the junkyard no doubt.......It has kept me busy thats for sure- the project came along at the perfect time really.

Unfortunately that connector/wiring is routed in a MT body harness, its not as simple as finding a connector. I can get you the info you need to do it but the simplest way is wiring in a switch that you can flip on/off from inside the cabin if you want the reverse lights to work.

Unfortunately that connector/wiring is routed in a MT body harness, its not as simple as finding a connector. I can get you the info you need to do it but the simplest way is wiring in a switch that you can flip on/off from inside the cabin if you want the reverse lights to work.

Well that would explain the lack of info...............

Yes please, any info on how it can be properly done would be great!

Thanks man

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back