The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Auto Spyder GST's...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlikethedrink

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 11, 2007
ABQ, New_Mexico
Is there any outther putting out good HP with decent times?
I would eventually like to add an 3inch Cat-Back, FMIC, and maybe a 14b- with a few fuel mods (hopefully nothing that requires management). Is it worth it? Its not like im gonna go out tryn to race, but i would like to be able to hold my own.
I know i would like to add the shift kit when i get the tranny flushed- and with the boost turned up it should be respectable.
should i do all this? or drive it till i can afford a big boy car?

i love my spyder gst manual....and coming from a high powered automatic to my new gst manual with a little less power, i wouldnt go back if you paid me....a standard just gives you so much more control over the car...like its alive (corny i know)...im sure you could sell your car now and get one just like it but manual without wasting money...just my .02 cents

:dsm:

Convert to manual AWD spyder... AKA the sexiest cars ever!

If i ever sold my car, I probably wouldnt buy another one. Ive had 3 eclipses. 1G GS 2.0nt 5speed, 2G GST spyder auto, 3g RS Fed Spec 5 speed- if i were to buy a "new" car it would either be a used 4g or something a little more "grown up"... Like a used 4 door under 15k, Maxima, Maybe a X-type Jag or a 3series...

Yea ive thought about this whole AWD swap... it would take some serious $!
I would need to buy a AWD parts car right, maybe if i could find a complete one 1500-2500 .
Then i would have to find someone who knows what theyre doing to help me if not do it.
Then i would need $ for parts- like while im in there i might as well throw in a new clutch(300) n all that.

Not to mention i would need another engine. it just wouldnt make sense to leave the 7 bolt in there. i mean might as well right- so then i would have to do the timing/water pump/bs removal job that right there is like (350). plus ill still have ticking lifters. new lifters with SS valves and guides (300).
Then head work i got done last time for 100. Shit while im that far in i might as well replace the piston rings.... and so forth. Im guessing that'll be +5k$ venture.

Not to mention downtime + working out all the wonderful kinks. This car is my DD and i certainly will need that job to make all that $ ill be spending.
If i got that far i would still be in the same car. It would look the same. Sure it should be faster, nothing too incredible tho. It would be just like a new platform to start from. From there i would need to buy everything i want for my car now. And it wouldnt make sense having that much invested into the car and NOT going big... so it would cost even more.

For all that work and money it would be cheaper to buy an Audi TT 225 Quattro Conv - it all would be stock, the car would be new(er), looks cant go wrong with, alot more respect on the road, and i could upgrade it too. Basic bolt-ons and hot new set of rims and that car is SICK,i dont care who you are!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back