The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Auto gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

White flour1gawd

Proven Member
May 22, 2016
minneapolis, Minnesota
What are limits of the stock transfer gears? I'm second guessing spending the money putting them in or just leave them stock for now. 2.4 on an fp green, 2g head and evo 3 intake. Makes a decent amount of tourqe

What are limits of the stock transfer gears? I'm second guessing spending the money putting them in or just leave them stock for now. 2.4 on an fp green, 2g head and evo 3 intake. Makes a decent amount of tourqe
If you want to launch the car hard you need them. I don’t care what anyone says , you make one mistake leaving wrong and you can kiss your trans goodbye.

Attachments

• 9C0CD59B-9275-40AD-BF06-CD08E7CF7D50.jpeg
    9C0CD59B-9275-40AD-BF06-CD08E7CF7D50.jpeg
    658.5 KB · Views: 167
It used to be a thing, 400 ish hp and u really just needed to upgrade 4th gear.
You may get a summer out of it, or break on the first launch.
Maybe spending the money now will save u a headache.

It really comes down to how to manage the power off the line, when you are on the brakes and trying to build enough boost to launch. As a rule of thumb, if decent brakes can't hold the car on the line, you are making too much torque for the factory transfer gears to last.

This is from Kigglyracing.com from their https://www.kigglyracing.com/tech-data section-

Overall Approach:
https://bd2676c2-1d1a-42eb-b758-7f8...d/0a98b0_a3dac4c45dd24ed7a726688c24d6b447.pdf

Personally, we've seen fewer issues with the transfer gear teeth in the 1.3 60' range when the car was managed well off the line than when a bunch of rpm was thrown at it in the 1.5 maybe 1.4 range

thank you for the information guys. I'm going to wait until my 5 speed grenades its self then do the swap.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back