The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Auto 6262- first trip to the track

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What filter did you have blow off?? Sounds like some excessive crank case build up. I had my fair share of filters coming loose on my fwd. And banging off the limiter through first tends to see way more pressure than my awd with more power. Two things fixed it. I run nothing but factory filters and big crankcase vents on the valve cover.

Your making pretty good power with that 6262 I must say. :thumb:

It's a vibration issue. My converter loosened up the week before as well as a few other misc bolts. I'm swapping my solid trans mount out for a poly and will see if that helps things out.

anymore updates on this man??? im about to get mine back on the road!

good deal man!!!!

How do you feel this converter would do on the street?

Nice work! can't wait to see how it rips with the boost turned up, Im also curious on how my converter is going to respond.

good deal man!!!!

best of luck to you out there! Definitely following your build.

Nice work! can't wait to see how it rips with the boost turned up, Im also curious on how my converter is going to respond.

Thanks guys. I'm switching the car over to race gas tomorrow and heading back out to the track later in the week. I was still running high IDCs on the double pumper setup and 1550s so I decided that since I barely drive the car, the cost w/ race gas was worth the convenience.

How do you feel this converter would do on the street?

I think it'll work good on the street as long as you have a good cooler/fan setup for the trans. It's tight enough up top where heat isn't too much of an issue.

did u make it to the track this weekend??? i got mine runnign again so hopefully get mine switched out for race gas and see what itll do on the dyno again

did u make it to the track this weekend??? i got mine runnign again so hopefully get mine switched out for race gas and see what itll do on the dyno again

Went Friday and one of the pumps failed on me. Getting a replacement tomorrow and hitting the track again Tuesday if the weather cooperates.

Weather didn't cooperate. Hoping to go tomorrow or Saturday...again, if the weather cooperates.

Cool. I was able to finally get my fwd auto mirage out last weekend and managed 11.1's @ 129. My 60 ft times are horrible 1.7's. I'm installing a vacuum pump on my booster before my next trip out.

Looks good man. Race gas is definitely easier then e85 to get.

I would definitely go to Poly mounts. I got a tubular subframe in my car, and never had anything come loose. I do kill the filter on, and I have my converter bolts marked so I can check too see if they moved.

Cool. I was able to finally get my fwd auto mirage out last weekend and managed 11.1's @ 129. My 60 ft times are horrible 1.7's. I'm installing a vacuum pump on my booster before my next trip out.

Assuming you're on slicks or DRs? What's your setup?

Looks good man. Race gas is definitely easier then e85 to get.

I would definitely go to Poly mounts. I got a tubular subframe in my car, and never had anything come loose. I do kill the filter on, and I have my converter bolts marked so I can check too see if they moved.

Luckily I haven't had that problem since then! Isolated and coincidental incidents? :aha: LOL

Do you ever hit the track any more?

?

full slicks and skinnies
10 point cage
weighs 2170 w/ me in it
FP68HTA 16g FP race manifold
forged 2.0L
English racing auto trans with stock converter
makes about 370ish whp through auto on e98
aem series 1 ems

I've been building the car for the past 4 years and finally raced it last weekend. I'm anxious to see how your car does this next time out, keep us updated!

full slicks and skinnies
10 point cage
weighs 2170 w/ me in it
FP68HTA 16g FP race manifold
forged 2.0L
English racing auto trans with stock converter
makes about 370ish whp through auto on e98
aem series 1 ems

I've been building the car for the past 4 years and finally raced it last weekend. I'm anxious to see how your car does this next time out, keep us updated!

That's an awesome setup!! Really jealous about your race weight! You have plenty left in that car!

It's raining again today and supposed through tomorrow morning. Not sure if the track will open tomorrow...will have to see. Tuesday is the next chance after that.

Chris,

Have you ever weighed you car with you in it, race weight?

Luckily I haven't had that problem since then! Isolated and coincidental incidents? :aha: LOL

Do you ever hit the track any more?

Good thing, cant wait to see the car get dialed in more.

I was going to go before the heat wave, do some passes on my tune I got in it now on 93 octane 22psi since she seems like it will roll. Then the heat wave came LOL.

Is the motor a 2.0 ? What compression ?
Thanx in advance..

It was an 8.3:1 2.0. Currently building an aluminum rod 10.5:1 2.0 block. Should be done in about a month. Then bigger turbo this winter.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back