The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Auto 6262 dyno runs- 578awhp/416tq

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

11secDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 8, 2003
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Swapped in some Klotz 118 and was able to get to 33psi before IDCs got high. Not sure if i'm running out of pump or injectors or if my ECU is doing something funny. I have dual 255s feeding FIC 1550s through the stock lines. Considering a KB Boost A Pump to see how well that does. Thoughts?

Auto 6262 w/ Sinister Speed 9" converter

578/416

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Should be hitting the track Thursday or Friday. My screen name goes back to 2001 on a big 16g. :). Kinda stuck with it now. Lol

Nice change from before, what was your boost at before?

What is your base fuel pressure? the KB BAP is a large help im running it now, i was running out of fuel with twin walbros and 1600s with my old HX40 on 33-34psi. EST: 600-630awhp

Only difference now is the injectors are 2150s and running the BAP i made the 750awhp.

Boost was at 27 psi on e85 before. Base pressure is at 42psi. I understand running out on e85 but I should be good on race gas. Or atleast I think I should be.

Do you by chance have a sheet with boost logged for reference? Just curious

Oh an What Model 255's do you have in there?

how does that converter feel?
Looks like a high stall from teh dyno sheet. (but i don't know shit about autos and dynos)

Do you by chance have a sheet with boost logged for reference? Just curious

Oh an What Model 255's do you have in there?

I can post a log tonight after I go to the track.

Pumps are dual GSS341

how does that converter feel?
Looks like a high stall from teh dyno sheet. (but i don't know shit about autos and dynos)

The converter feels good. Pretty loose down low but tight up top. Between the cams, trans, and converter, my low end power is putrid...luckily it's a track only car.

I can post a log tonight after I go to the track.

Pumps are dual GSS341

Okay Cool, curious to see the boost curve for you setup and a reference to what Boost Rpm, ect. the car is running out of fuel. oOr at least some Idea of it. Figured the low end power was in part to the converter. But still would like to see...

Hp's... . on 43 BFP?

Might punch the reliefs on them if your up for it or they are not already. Willing to bet you would be able to get a bit more out of them. They like to open up around about that combined pressure I've noticed.

So we found the problem, the hard way. Car broke up bad in first gear so I shut it down and coasted to pit road where the car stalled and wouldn't restart. Fuel pump fuse blew. Turns out one of the pumps has been bad the whole time and now is grounding out. I'll swap it out for another new one and see if things improve.

Will be interested to see how it runs at the track, on that power in Chico's auto car we ran 6.0s@119 in the 1/8 mile on a 10" stall.

Will be interested to see how it runs at the track, on that power in Chico's auto car we ran 6.0s@119 in the 1/8 mile on a 10" stall.

The 10" is a little looser so he probably made a bit more power but i'm sure it's close. Would love to see a 6.0 but my initial goals are a bit slower than that. We'll see some time this coming week though!

How light is chicos car? im assuming 2500-2600lbs with driver? ill be lucky if my car is under 3000 race weight.:sosad: I assume the OP's car is light too but not that crazy.

I haven't weighed mine yet but based on what I removed i'd say i'm around 2600 w/o me....which puts me at 2850 race weight. I ought to put the car on a scale though to see what it's really at.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back