The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

AEM Auto 1G running AEM series 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peon_slayer

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2008
grande prairie, AB_Canada
Hey guys looking to hear from those of you that have used a aem series 1 ecu in your auto DSM.

First off does it work?

Sounds like a silly question but after doing some searching here on tuners I found a thread stating that the harness pinouts are different and the ecu acts funny (but this was a for a 2g).

Second question, if it can control the engine normally will the stock TCU still function or will I need to use a shift box ? Wouldn't matter as I have a brand new forced four smart 100.1 shift box sitting on the shelf waiting to go in.

And lastly has anyone ran a 2g mas on a 1g with the series 1? I know speed density is super easy but I need this car up and running and can worry about that once it's mobile again. Not saying I won't do speed density as it would actually help me in the bay a bit but for now I need the mas to work .

Last edited:
Our member @biglady112 says that he still tunes the AEM units, try sending him a PM about it. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back