The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Authenic Holset???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunp

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 11, 2008
Snellville, Georgia
I'm not sure if this is an authenic Holset, I searchh the part number and I got nothing. Can someone let me know if this is a fake? Part # 3538852

Attachments

• !B+rZBM!!mk~$(KGrHqQOKiQEz9(zkeQ!BN!YhcHI+Q~~_12.jpg
    !B+rZBM!!mk~$(KGrHqQOKiQEz9(zkeQ!BN!YhcHI+Q~~_12.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 327
I was looking at the same turbo on Ebay, unfortunately its a 8 blade :(

8 blades is bad? Youll have to pardon my ignorance. ROFL

Not bad, just not as good as a 7 or 6 blade, well imo.

Could be a 60mm 8-blade, in which case 8-blades is good. In that case you'd buy this turbo for $xxx and install a 60mm 7-blade compressor in it's place for $xx after a little grinding on the center housing and you have yourself a 60mm 7-blade HX40 on the cheap.

Do I have to hold the hands of all you retards while on our way to the deal store? LOL LOL

Even if it ends up being a 58mm 8-blade....it's still 62 lb/min capable. So here we have a new turbo that will outflow and outlast any Garrett-based journal bearing garbage with a 60-1 compressor wheel and you could own it for under $600 including the Bullseye turbine housing.

Lol yea I was looking at this turbo to do just that.

Well I wouldn't say all that. At least it happened when I already had it ready for storage and my winter car lined up. But I was actually going to PM regarding some question I had, but I forgot what it was LOL.

Lol this is why I hate when people post things like this.

I didn't realize there were so many people eyeing MY turbo.

Yours, huh? The best thing about eBay is the guy willing to spend the most will end up with it. I'm sure for the few guys in this thread that have seen the listing there are hundreds more waiting to bid as well. It's a NEW HX40....if it sells for less than $350 shipped then someone got a smokin' deal. Good luck!

Which is why you need to stock up on some and sell them....to me LOL

Then you dooshes need to stop creating threads everytime you find a deal so I can buy them all cheap enough to sell them to you at a good price. Otherwise I'm not interested as it's not worth my time to find these units and sit them on the shelf waiting for the right buyer in order to make my $5 profit.

First, How can you tell it's from ebay? Second, I was only trying to verify if the turbo was a legit Holset.

Jusmx141 I assume you've worked with these turbos before, would you be willing to do the 7 blade conversion for me if I won?

Because I saw a listing with the same exact picture and then when I logged on tuners I saw this thread LOL. That's how

Jusmx141 I assume you've worked with these turbos before, would you be willing to do the 7 blade conversion for me if I won?
If it's a 60mm compressor I can help you, if it's a 58mm I cannot as I don't have a way to machine the cover in-house. I mean I still could help you, but it would add some time and cost to the equation as I'd be paying someone else to do the work.

Honestly, you should run it as-is first and see if it's what you want. The 8-blade wheel has a smaller exducer so the wheel is smaller overall and the turbo will spool quicker than with a 6-blade or 7-blade wheel. The 8-blade wheel also generates more airflow at lower boost levels than the other two, so unless you're trying to run 30+psi all day everyday, the 8-blade wheel may suit you better.

Because I saw a listing with the same exact picture and then when I logged on tuners I saw this thread LOL. That's how
Myself included. I'm constantly scrolling eBay for deals, but they're just not there. Right now there's a 6-blade HX40 that looks like a junkyard rescue selling for $400+, which is RIDICULOUS. I wouldn't even buy a GT35R in that condition for that price.

That same turbo 2-3 years ago would be lucky to pull $150.

I saw that one as well and skipped right over it haha.

I wasnt home when it ended and bidded 375, unfortunately it went higher

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back