The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Audio Anti Theft

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjgrizz73

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2007
Carbondale, Pennsylvania
Hey guys, I recently replaced the carpet and under the passenger seat was a box. Im pretty sure it has to do with the audio system, I had to unplug the main coaxial cable from it and now my 1997 Eclipse won't start at all. The headlights and horn blow but then stop shortly after as if its cutting supply, the battery is brand new. I was wondering if you guys know about the codes and what I would have to do to get it running again. I have an aftermarket Alpine radio also.

Well for example, I try to start the car and it just clicks, I turn on the headlights and they turn on but they slowly fade and turn off. I thought it was the amp, but would unpluging that have an effect on the anti-theft??

Well, it is a brand new battery, maybe a fuse is blown...I'm currently at college so I can't see the car one on one so I'm just trying to help my dad. Thanks for the answers guys, he did put a meter on the battery and it read 12volts but the car seems to be shuting off the power. He did have the amplifier disconnected for over an hour so I'm not sure if it set off the audio theft.

Yea, that's the stock infinity amp, and disconnecting it would not cause this problem. Maybe you have a bad ground, but sounds just like the battery to me. A fuse wouldn't do this because the lights wouldn't come on at all. good luck :dsm:

Thanks alot guys, I heard the voltage regulator is inside the alternator which I know isn't healthy. This might explain it and the fact that the battery is getting discharged. Any thoughts on this???

Yeah, the amp def. wouldn't cause the problem so first step is taking the new battery back for a new one, if that doesn't work I'll replace the alternator because I'm replacing it anyways. Thanks for the help guys :dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back