The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Attn: Everyone In Florida -setting up an FLDSM meet sometime in January

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97eclipseRS

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 14, 2003
Ft. Myers, Florida
I am going to be setting up an FLDSM meet sometime in January, February at the latest. Does anyone have any ideas where it should be held? I am thinking either bradenton motorsports park like the last few meets or the checkers on dale mabry in tampa like our first meet. If you have any other places in mind that we could have it at, feel free to let me know.

Is there a more central location we could all meet, maybe Orlando, theres already a huge DSM club in Orlando, and its about mid state, so it could draw a west coast crowd and the east coast crowd. Either way keep us posted.

whatever the majority wants is fine with me. is there a track in orlando? the meets seem to be better at the tracks. if there is, id appreciate if someone could find me a link to the tracks website if they have one so i can see what date would be best and how much everyone can expect to pay aside from gas, if anything. glad to see that there is some interest.

I'm in Tallahassee now, but I lived in Orlando for 6 years when I had my 92 Eclipse. Yes there is a track in Orlando, it's actually in Bithlo about 30 minutes from downtown Orlando, you have to take Highway 50 (Colonial) to get to it.

Orlando would be cool, I'll throw my car in the trailer and come down, I'm moving to NC in a few days, I have alot of friends in FLA with fast Toyota's that I'd like to see anyway.

ok, as of right now it will be in orlando in early february at Speed World. I will update you all with times and whatnot as i figure that stuff out. feel free to shoot out some ideas regarding time and anything with the event.

A bunch of us from Miami DSM were at Bradenton for the Tampa Racing event. Bradenton has a good track and its always prepped well. I think a group of us would take the trip up there. Keep us posted

vertGST said:
A bunch of us from Miami DSM were at Bradenton for the Tampa Racing event. Bradenton has a good track and its always prepped well. I think a group of us would take the trip up there. Keep us posted

thats where the last two meets have been held. it seems like we will be able to get over 20 people if the meet is held at speed world and the more the merrier. as of right now, the majority has been pushing for orlando as the meet spot this time around.

Ill go to Orlando ( i live in west palm) any miami guys wanna meet up with me and drive in a carvan?

If it's before Febuary I'll be able to go. I'm in West Palm Beach also, so Orlando is fine, Moroso is good, or even South would work.

I might be moving back to MN in Febuary if my office opens back up in MN. Otherwise I'll be moving into a new place down here. (they are no longer renting the townhouse's I live in they are selling them so when my lease is up in Febuary I have to move out)

vertGST said:

I was also at this event. It is a great track and like he said, it's always prepped extreamly well. Holding a meet there would likely draw more of the SoFla guys.

Orlando speedworld doesn't compare to Bradenton.

I vote Orlando and I'll deff. be able to go if a date is brought up in time. lemme know.

Jason

i live in springhill , orlando is ok but i ran my t-bird down at bradenton that is a much better place ,a little further than orlando but better.

im for orlando still i may have more then 3 people go with me also, just NEED TO KNOW DATE. ill most likely drive my new gsx up there, or should i bring my 1.8 turbo? :confused: ill draw straws LOL.. i wanna run both :rocks: :cool: :dsm:

im willing to hold the meet wherever the majority decides. i have never been to orlando speedway so im not sure how it is but i do know that bradenton is a nice track although the location isnt exactly central for the state.

I'll be out to this one depending on where it is. My eclipse is up and running, and I'd love to see your setups/meet some of you guys.

Josh

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back