The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

ATTN 2GB Or Owners with Clean Rides: COME IN HERE

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hmmm. Blue, orange, black or red. Choose one.
edit: I just thought of this, if you keep your bronze rims the orange and black would look pritty cool with the dark grey. But if you want to do the blue rims I would do the mostly black in the engine bay with blue showing the details. Rims black choose any.

Sounds fruity, but I've always liked purple / violet as a cladding color for the engine bay medium to dark gray-colored cars. Nothing else seems to work.

Find me a color. Someone else mentioned that to me here but i dunno. If i could find a color that caught my eye maybe

Last edited:
Oh wow. Holy crap. Only thing is it doesnt match my wheels too well. I would do it too but im not giving up my wheels.

I think it would suit the current colored wheels. Blue not really. But it wouldn't so bad as that it is unbearable.

If your keeping the dark bronze rims, do black and orange, I believe it would look good, if I had photoshop I would photoshop a picture so you can see what I'm thinking.

I honestly don't think it would look too bad with the wheels; especially if you were to go as far as to coat the calipers in the same purple you'd have in your engine bay. I've never really considered on any car that the wheels absolutely HAD to match the rest of the color scheme- it's actually pretty cool to me if the wheels don't match in a somewhat tasteful manner.

There's just something "racy" looking about purple on a dark gray car.

My Monarch Green GSX is another story...I have NO idea what color to use on it, so I'm thinking of just doing some parts in the engine bay the same color as the exterior of the car, and doing the calipers with a semi-gloss cast gray color. I've been down this road with my GS which is the same color- nothing matches. If you use a lime green, the color of the car looks too blue...if you use a blue, the color of the car looks too green.

here is mine.

I switched to:

Tial black recirculated bov

powder coat black FP intake

Aem black tru time camgears

FP green

jet coated Fp manifold

Mostly black, little red and a little bit of blue of the an fittings which i hate.

Maybe you can do something like this with bronze instead of the little red, nothing crazy but good looking.

Attachments

• 2e6g94p.jpg
    2e6g94p.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 1zwhpqe.jpg
    1zwhpqe.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 53
ok this is going to sound weird but........

I couldnt help but notice that the colour looks like the colour of robocops armor in which case the matching colour for your car would be black.

In case your wondering what the hell im talking about check the movie robocop made in 87 by paul verhoven. You will notice the similarities in the robocops armor vs your car colour and you will notice he has black areas that perfecty match your colour.

Black Gold or Bronze.

Problem solved. :D
Wheels are already black, FP intake will be black as well...so I see where this is going. LOL

By the way- nice job posting exactly 12 hours after me. Stalker.

here is mine.

I switched to:

Tial black recirculated bov

powder coat black FP intake

Aem black tru time camgears

FP green

jet coated Fp manifold

Mostly black, little red and a little bit of blue of the an fittings which i hate.

Maybe you can do something like this with bronze instead of the little red, nothing crazy but good looking.

You know Summit racing and JEGS sells different colored AN fittings, you dont have to get all of it from extremepsi or sloboi.

To the OP I would go with black as the main color with bronze accents (fittings, BOV, WG, AFPR etc...)

I think a black and silver/bronze accent pieces will look great. That's what I plan on doing when I swap over all my gsx stuff to the gst that sits 10 feet from your car. I was definitely drooling over the setup you're shooting for when I saw it in person last week. Very very clean gsx! Gl!

Go with the purple my car is the magenta grey and so far I have a few purple parts under the hood and def planning to add some more but it looks os sexy when its clean

Attachments

• gsx7.jpg
    gsx7.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 36
  • gsx8.jpg
    gsx8.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 49
I would recommend you take a look at what the EVO guys with "Graphite Gray" cars are doing since that color is very similar to you gray IMO. By looking at these cars you can get an idea of how a color combo may look on your car. Here is a thread with that color:

Official "Graphite Grey" picture thread - evolutionm.net

I think going with purple engine accents would look great, but keep the purple to a minimum and I wouldn't recommend painting the Brembos purple either. I've always been a fan of bright silver Brembos like on the AMG Mercedes cars. Bright silver calipers will really pop out with dark wheels too and will keep your car looking classy.

Whatever color you choose to go with just make sure you don't over do it, a purple valve cover would look hot but if five other things in the engine bay were purple as well then it will look over done.

Just to give you some ideas here are a few pictures of my car with a Candy Apple Red value cover and some polished pieces. I kept the Brembos red because they just about match the valve cover and look good on a black car IMO.

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 46
  • sitting low.jpg
    sitting low.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 48
  • jack stands.jpg
    jack stands.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 38
My best friend sent all his parts off to TCC and had them MAKE a Magenta Gray Pearl PC to color match his 2gb. I'd show you engine bay shots but the car still has an empty engine bay. I can tell you though, the pictures below still don't do that PC color justice, they look amazing.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:dsm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Silver brembos might look sick. Im gonna hop on evom and find a graphite grey evo and see what they are doing.

I think it would look good to stay with the metallic red theme under the hood. Try to get rid of any blue and stick with 2 colors for the theme. One being the body color, the other being the metallic red (with the exception of the rims, those will look good in bronze with the color scheme I mentioned)

So what im thinking is the metallic red on the brembos, VC, and fuel rail, and keeping the piping PCed flat black and polished JMF intake manifold and intake and heat shield. Keep everything blacked out. Im keeping the rims dark bronze and try to find some cosmic blue Volks or Rotas.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back