The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

ATTN 2GB Or Owners with Clean Rides: COME IN HERE

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VETTE_50_TH

Banned Member
Jun 24, 2004
Columbus, Ohio
I need people with style and taste. If your car is shit, leave now. Thank you. If you have a wiring mess, leave now. And if your car doesnt have a theme, leave now. I need the best eyes for this. For those of you who are eligible, thanks for staying. Im redoing the whole engine bay in my car and need help choosing a color scheme for it.

Preface: Wheel color is dark bronze. Shown here.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The Brembos can either stay their current color of Metallic Red seen here.

OR i can change the color of them. I WILL NOT CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE RIMS. To further preface this, i will picking up a set of new rims this summer. Either will be CCW classics or Some Rota p45 which will be powdercoated a metallic or electric blue. So keep that in mind.

So, now, i need some help picking colors for my equipment under the hood. I want to coat pretty much everything under the hood. The compressor cover is going to be polished as well as my Tial 44mm is already. The FP exhaust manifold is ceramic coated black. Tial BOV is red. Fuel lab filter and AFPR is red. All of that can change. The JMF intake is polished right now. The mishimoto is polished. I dont know if i should continue that theme or give it a balance and if so, what color. I want it to be something vivid though if i do. Something that has brilliance written all over it but tasteful. Give me your thoughts and anything can change at the moment. Spare no expense guys. :hellyeah:

Here are two sites to check out for colors:

powderbuythepound.com
powders365.com

Let me know what you come up with. If you shit in my thread, ill rip you dick off some dont think about it. If you dont own or have owned a clean car, dont even bother. Thanks guys. :thumb:

James

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont want a lot of different colors. 1-2 maybe 3. Its pushing it. Id do it if i could pull it off. Bronze intercooler piping turns me off though.

Are you gonna leave the car mauve? I Honestly can't think of a color that would go well with it.

Here is my Idea though. Just hear me out even though I cant think of a color to match/compliment mauve.

Stick with your current polished scheme. Blue/red anodized fittings for Upper Radiator hose. SS Braided of course. Do the blue/red anodized fittings with ss braided lines for the catch can setup if your going to add a catch can.

Black Powder Coated inter-cooler piping.

Powder Coat your Valve Cover to Match your wheels, or possibly your brembo calipers if you don't leave them red. (IMO Red clashes with your car's current paint color).

Clear Timing Belt Cover. Either Gates or HKS Timing Belt next time you do that job to match your scheme. (Purple car Purple belt perhaps?) (Blue-Gates for blue/red anodized fittings).

Anodized, or Powder Coated Black Spark Plug Cover. Paint bov/afpr to remove the red clash. Possibly instead paint match the inter-cooler piping to your Wheels/VC. Of course, I am not sure the electric blue will go best with your current car color. But that is up to personal taste.

I think that would all look super clean. Perhaps Gloss Black Powder Coat on the IM?

Another option would be solid black anodized fittings, color match the IC piping to the VC/Wheels.

Also for real, I cant tell. Is your car grey or that light purple color?

Polished valve cover along with a few other things then black the rest out. My cars a mess, but I saw a similar set up at a car show and many people thought of it as "very clean".

^Is it my computer?, his car looks grey to me.

The problem with the car is the effect the paint has. It can look a dull grey or a brilliant purplish blue. Its amazing. I can see where the red calipers dont match but oh boy they look sick when the car is looking purple. I really dont want to repaint the car to be honest but i think i may end up doing it at some point. Also, the belt has to be black. No one make a purple belt or blue belt for a 2.4. And i already bought the oem one LOL.

What color would you repaint the brembos if you didnt want to leave them red with my car color as it sits.

Polished and black is always a good combo. Not sure it would work with the rims and brembos. I dont think black would be the best color for them either. Willing to do anything guys. Reason i want electric blue wheels is because how many cars do you see with bright ass electric blue wheels on the road? LOL

I would go with a dark bronze along with a lighter bronze/gold theme. I think the lighter bronze/gold on the calipers would go great with your current wheels but not so sure if you plan on changing to a blue:confused: wheel. Just my two cents...

Personally, if money wasn't an issue, I think polished everything with small accents the color of your calipers would look great. It is not sleeper or anything of the sort, but when you see a car that is nice and suttle on the outside then pop the hood and see yourself in its reflection (aka polished and chromed), its amazing. There is a local supra like this with everything polished and chrome under the hood and it is enough to jizz yourself over. It is also a dark color like yours (black). Many people wouldn't like this but I would love to pop the hood on a dsm and see lots of polished parts and such.

I would do the same color as your Brembo calipers. Shaved Candy Apple red valve cover, polished SMIM, radiator, intercooler piping. Get red wires or a polished cover and finish it up.

I am partial to bronze wheels and they seem to offset the Magenta Gray Pearl pretty well.

The problem with the car is the effect the paint has. It can look a dull grey or a brilliant purplish blue. Its amazing. I can see where the red calipers dont match but oh boy they look sick when the car is looking purple. I really dont want to repaint the car to be honest but i think i may end up doing it at some point. Also, the belt has to be black. No one make a purple belt or blue belt for a 2.4. And i already bought the oem one LOL.

What color would you repaint the brembos if you didnt want to leave them red with my car color as it sits.

You could go black and silver to match the engine scheme I was implying, Black goes good with purple or grey so its win/win.

Personally, if money wasn't an issue, I think polished everything with small accents the color of your calipers would look great. It is not sleeper or anything of the sort, but when you see a car that is nice and suttle on the outside then pop the hood and see yourself in its reflection (aka polished and chromed), its amazing. There is a local supra like this with everything polished and chrome under the hood and it is enough to jizz yourself over. It is also a dark color like yours (black). Many people wouldn't like this but I would love to pop the hood on a dsm and see lots of polished parts and such.

Pics of said car?

I would do the same color as your Brembo calipers. Shaved Candy Apple red valve cover, polished SMIM, radiator, intercooler piping. Get red wires or a polished cover and finish it up.

I am partial to bronze wheels and they seem to offset the Magenta Gray Pearl pretty well.

Thats a complete package there. Any others out there?

Would an electric blue and polished look good in the same fashion? If i do end up getting those CCW's, the blue brembos i think would be nice, obviously too much for blue on blue though.

My talon wasn't as nice as a lot of peoples but to give an idea heres a pic of my talons bay..
I always loved the polished look

My talon wasn't as nice as a lot of peoples but to give an idea heres a pic of my talons bay..
I always loved the polished look

Woah thats too much polished for me LOL. Looks good though.

Hondas, more than twice a day. Purple rims also.

Well then youre lucky because ive never seen any. ROFL

Here's my laser. I wanted to go with a black/polished theme with it. I've been meaning to switch to black vacuum lines but haven't got that far yet and may not as I may be selling it or parting it out. I went with the red tial q on purpose, idk why but I love the candy red but not too much of it.

Don't take this pic as me trying to say my lasers bay is clean as it DEFINITELY isn't.
My goal recently was only to get it running.
But I've always liked black/polished which is what I was wanting to do with my laser

Ah that is a good reason for the black timing belt. Screw the clear Timing belt cover unless you want spend the $$ so you can still visually inspect your timing belt without popping it off.

Its hard for me picture your car's true color in my head. Camera obviously doesn't do it justice.

Hmm. I've seen Yellow, and Blue brembos. But IMO They need to be red. It sets them off says hey bi*** these are freaking brembos.

If your dead set on the electric blue wheels. I would go with the braided ss lines where you can. The anodized fittings would really tie in the red brembos, blue wheels, and of course Rock that polished aluminum radiator. I would try to put in some black powder coat where possible.

IC Pipes, vac lines (there should really only be 2-3), Intake manifold, or heat shields if your going to run any. A splash of black will break up the polished and anodized well. Also, I like the valve covers that shave the ridges, but leave the lettering. Polished lettering on them just looks sexy.

Im redoing my color scheme eventually this summer. I currently have a black, blue n silver (from the intercooler pipes n head n what not)

I plan on doing all purple and black now.

For you, if you want the electric blue rims, do electric blue in the bay. Keep things the same. My rims are going to be purple as well !!!!!

Here is the car in the sun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah that is a good reason for the black timing belt. Screw the clear Timing belt cover unless you want spend the $$ so you can still visually inspect your timing belt without popping it off.

Its hard for me picture your car's true color in my head. Camera obviously doesn't do it justice.

Hmm. I've seen Yellow, and Blue brembos. But IMO They need to be red. It sets them off says hey bi*** these are freaking brembos.

If your dead set on the electric blue wheels. I would go with the braided ss lines where you can. The anodized fittings would really tie in the red brembos, blue wheels, and of course Rock that polished aluminum radiator. I would try to put in some black powder coat where possible.

IC Pipes, vac lines (there should really only be 2-3), Intake manifold, or heat shields if your going to run any. A splash of black will break up the polished and anodized well. Also, I like the valve covers that shave the ridges, but leave the lettering. Polished lettering on them just looks sexy.

Im not sure if the Tial will even be seen to be honest. I think im going to move it under the bumper and for the vacuum lines, i think im doing -3an for the boost lines and -3an for the abs lines but those will be hidden. Im moving the wiring tunnel to center firwall and covering the hole on the left that it would usually go.

That orange one looked sick. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back