The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Atmospheric BOV

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DANT123

Probationary Member
Nov 5, 2017
Salt Lake, Utah
Hello, im new here and ive read this a few times but i bought a 97 GSX with an aftermarket atmospheric BOV and a walbro 255 fuel pump and aeromotive FPR. Naturally it runs like junk. it runs really rich so I put new upstream o2 sensor but it still runs really rich and wont idle unless I unplug the MAF. Also sputters and backfires with very slow acceleration under 2.5k rpm and once i get into boost it runs fine. Do I need to get a recirculating BOV to fix this? and where can I buy an OEM one or something that would work. Thanks!

You are venting to atmosphere after the air has been metered. You need to vent before its metered. So, you need to change maf/air metering setup. Either Gm maf or speed density is the only way to run a vented bov.
so essentially i need a recirculating BOV?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back