The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G AT harness on a manual Euro 2G GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattiaFTW

Proven Member
Dec 1, 2021
Ede, The Netherlands, Europe
So long story short. I'm using a GST AT harness, a GST MT engine in a 1996 GS (europe).

So i did what everyone told me to do, connect/jump the (black/yellow to black/red) on the inhibitor switch. Doesn't do anything. This is because the black/red cable doesn't output any voltage.

Anyone a idea on how to get voltage though de black/red cable. Starter relay clicks.
Anything will help.

Thanks
Mattia

Last edited:
The USDM 2G turbo models don't use an "inhibitor switch" as an OEM designation and the EDM diagrams I have do not show an automatic transmission at all. So I'm using the USDM diagrams as a bit of a crossover. It sounds like you've jumped the pins for the starter relay which would bypass the Park/Neutral Position Switch on the auto harness. Of course, I do not see this on the EDM diagrams so you would need to please confirm for us what exactly you're jumping.

In any case, the black/red should be coming directly through the ignition switch, pin 5. So if you don't have supply voltage coming through that, you may check the switch is functioning properly or, further upstream, fusible link 6. Also note that the black/red will only have voltage when the ignition switch is in ST position.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It appears that the other possibility is that you've jumped past the starter motor as the main coming from the battery to the starter is a black with red and the wire to the solenoid coil to ground is black with yellow.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back