The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Ask your water alcohol injection questions here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benefit of progressive is being able to tune flow, and turn on. You can run more nozzle than with an on/off kit. Meaning for example an m10 might choke your engine if you turn it on at 5 psi, but using the progressive controller, you can turn it on at 15% at 5 psi, and have it full blast at 20 psi, where it won't choke your engine

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope I put this in the right section, if not I apologize in advance but Long story short but I bought another DSM from a local and it has methanol injection from SNOW I believe, but that's about all I know about the kit. My main concern is today I was taking the battery holder off and saw that the bar was so tight it put a small hole in the top of the methanol tank/reservoir. Seeing as I know very little about methanol I was wondering how dangerous/bad is it having a small hole there. Common sense kicked in and I know I can't fill it up all the way to the top now, but besides that is there anyway I can fix the hole without having to buy a new reservoir.

Well you could either try using a plastic welder depending on the size of the hole (picture would be good) or for a temp solution, put some Gorilla tape over the hole.

What % methanol are you using, 100, 50, washer fluid?

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt, tap it then use it for a vent by running hose outside or at least higher.

The hole is maybe the size of a half inch long if it's lucky, but not very thick, like it barely cut into the tank. I'll try and get a picture today, and I'm also not sure as to what it is running, the guy gave me about 3 gallons of it and I didn't ask because I didn't know you could run different types. I've tried to get in touch with him for a few days but I'll just drive up there in the next day or two. But I was looking into running Windshield washer fluid when I ran out of all of it. Once I get more info on it I'll be sure to post back. Thanks guys!

*Sorry had to edit because the whole sounded bigger than it actually was.

Last edited:
Matt, tap it then use it for a vent by running hose outside or at least higher.

I wonder if the evaporation of methanol could potentially become a factor?

The hole is maybe the size of a half inch long if it's lucky, but not very thick, like it barely cut into the tank.

I would do what Scott suggested and just use duct tape. Pardon my going off topic for a moment, but I prefer the 3M over the Gorilla version. Although the Gorilla duct tape is thicker and more tear resistant, the 3M seems to have a better adhesive. At least in my unscientific comparison, the 3M definitely stuck better. :D

Romeen, Use a check valve on the end of the hose only allowing air in.

hey guys, im currently in the middle of installing my new stage 2 devils own system, would someone be able to tell me what size fuse to fun in the in line fuse holder on the red wire from the pump to battery?
Thanks for the help

Is there any reason why it would not be fine to run the boost pressure power source strait from the battery (i dont see why a key-switch power source is neccasaru since there won't be any power drawn from the switch unless its defects boost)?

How about any danger with running the nozzle post-intercooler & Pre-BOV (I want the nozzle as far towards the IC outlet as possible, but Iay want to try 100% Methanol injection someday and wonder if there's any danger of methanol igniting in my engine bay when the BOV releases the Methanol/Air mix)?

Thanks!

Methanol is very corrosive.
I've seen BOV's so heavily corroded they would no longer function.

I'd suggest placing the BOV as close as possible to your IC Outlet and then placing your Nozzle after the BOV.

This way your injected meth is in the pressure pipe for a longer time removing the heat more effectively rather than placing the nozzle on the TB Elbow.

My $.02...

I have the Recirculation-style pump with the builtin pushfit connectors for plastic lines
I want to change the outlet (pressure) side to run steel or braided line.
I understand I need to change the pump body to 3/8 npt. then add the proper connectors.

My old system in Devil's progressive which cannot activate quick enough for the on/off boost nature of an BWS366 turbo.

So I've had a meth kit laying around for quite some time that I bought from someone who never installed on their corvette. Literally brand new. It's an STS kit. I've got the pump, reservoir, multiple nozzles and a bunch of line. It's not progressive however. Can I buy and brand progressive controller and make it work on my car. Or better yet, anyone have a link that shows how I can achieve this. This is my first time dealing with meth/alky injection.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back