The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Ask your water alcohol injection questions here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Most people just install the nozzle before the or on the TB elbow and generally you would start with the smallest nozzle in the kit and see how that works out and if needed, go larger.

You'll want to get a good solid tune without the meth first so when you do add it, you can add in a secondary fuel and timing map just for your mix use. It's a safer way to add it in, in my opinion.

Didn't really understand what i highlighted in red but I got a more clear picture of the rest. Still not sure if my 750s will be enough though.
Also not sure of the placement of the map sensor. I will either run the 3bar map I was using for my vpc or omni/aem type sensor. I will figure that out once I get my link though and check the link forums.
Your right about having the dsmlink control everything. Just makes more sense.
I'm aiming for a more reliable daily solution rather then go all out and try to get as much power.

I have a leak at the compression fitting where the tube goes in. How can I get rid of this leak? I've tried cutting the tube, making sure it's even, and putting it back in but when it's bumped or moved it creates a leak.

I have a leak at the compression fitting where the tube goes in. How can I get rid of this leak? I've tried cutting the tube, making sure it's even, and putting it back in but when it's bumped or moved it creates a leak.

what kind of fitting is it? I dont know much about fittings but I can only thing that maybe there is a oring inside somewhere that could have shredded.

No you don't need a pressure switch if your running an aem kit.

Sorry i have not been on much.

K, call me and i can give you directions. I am not at the same place anymore.

405-470-4356

No you don't need a pressure switch if your running an aem kit.

Sorry i have not been on much.

Hmmm....that's interesting because when it was installed, it was installed with the "boost activated pressure switch".

Also, I'm still getting leaks from all the fittings. You guys have anything to defeat this?

Another one of my meth issues.....When I do a BLT the fluids are being pushed into the i/c system and I had to drain out my fmic, what's wrong with this?

Another one of my meth issues.....When I do a BLT the fluids are being pushed into the i/c system and I had to drain out my fmic, what's wrong with this?

Sounds like your system is working as it should. Either do the BLT without power to the controller, pull the fuse at the pump, or wire up a switch so you can turn the pump/controller off.

I think I will go to pure Meth. I think its the water content. But I do have a srt4 front mount I may try with new aluminum piping to see if it helps over my ssmic and shirt route piping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

yea you should do the blt with no power to the meth kit.

Do you know about a nitromethane additive for use with water/meth kits, do you recommend such an additive, what are your experiences with said additives if any, and do you think our platform would see any benefits with a small percentage of nitromethane in a water/meth injection setup, if tuned for it?
Thanks
Apologies if this has come up in this thread already and I missed it.

no worriers, 6% is about the max you want to run threw the systems. Most people will only run about 3% and still get good gains.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ What kind of gains would someone expect to see at 6% and 3% nitromethane, respectively, on our motors? Is there any tuning that needs to be done to account for up to a 6% nitromethane additive to a water/alcohol injection system?

Last edited by a moderator:
Install a stage 2 kit today on 2gen, the parts in the kit were top notch vs another brand I sale at the shop and I will say you cant go wrong with there kit.

silicosys4
I have not done any dyno testing of that.

nitrouskris Thanks, I try hard to make a good kit and good parts. What other brand do you sell? Why are you not selling mine :)

Give me a call and i will hook you up.

silicosys4
I have not done any dyno testing of that.

nitrouskris Thanks, I try hard to make a good kit and good parts. What other brand do you sell? Why are you not selling mine :)

that is a good ques ? i will give you a call later but i sell SNOW ,NX , PAINLESS now and i sold in the passed COOLINGMIST, LABONTE, SMC, AKLY CONTROL. I think I have sold or had almost every meth/water injection kit ever made.

Last edited:
question for devilsown,

I'm looking at purchasing a kit soon in the near future but am undecide on wether to go with stage 1 or stage 2. is the only difference that stage 2 is electronically controlled where stage 1 is manually? what are some benifits to going with a stage 2 set up?

my current set up is a 98 talon, i would be using the rear windshield washer fluid tank, running a B16G with supporting mods including DSMLink. the reason why i would be purchasing would be to tune for some more boost and timing but also to keep temps down, i autocross as much as i can in the summer.

Thanks for the help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back