The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Ask your water alcohol injection questions here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You will make even more power if you run more methanol and remove more gas. I 50/50 is a good spot for safe tuning.

I would place the nitrous jet directy infront of the meth injection nozzle so it hits the methanol injection spray pattern.

If you have a 3 bar map than you want the dsm kit.

I'm going to be changing my setup here soon. I'm going to be shooting for around 650-750 hp. What size nozzle do I need to use and what mix of water/meth works best in this range ? I don't have a progressive controller.

id like to hear it from a vendor directly:
will meth injection benefit a n/a motor at all? :hmm:
I have read that it will, but im kinda doubtful. The only reason that im asking is because someone gave me a snow performance kit for free. go figure the one freebie that i get thats actually worth anything probably won't benefit me at all.

as long as the nozzel will hook up anything works... they are just sprayers.
hell im using a fuel injector with the pintle removed as a sprayer LOL

blizz90 you would need to use either ours or snows nozzle holders to work with our nozzles. AEM uses a funny thread that the rest the USA water/methanol injection companys don't use.

audiomaster yea it can help on many N/a applications it will add octane and cooling.

lou schmouder what question do you have feel free to call and i can answer all your questions 405-470-4356 chance

hurricanecris24 I like putting the nozzles near the outlet of the intercooler, "after the maff"

wvturbo2 i would not run anything any bigger than a do7 nozzle without a progressive controller.

I am curious if anybody has hooked up there meth pump in this fashion.

Power wire from pump straight to the power on the batery.

Ground wire from pump to one of the terminals on the pressure switch.

The other terminal from pressure switch straight to a ground.

Will this method not work and be extremely simple? Cuting out the relay all together and having to splice into an ignition switch.

YOu need a relay, the switch may be able to handle the load of the pump for a little while but isn't designed for it.. now you could have the negative be the open part of the circuit at the relay and be jsut fine though

the switch can handle the load no problem. The reason for the relay is so that the juice the pump draws is pulled from the battery not directly from the ignition. And also to make sure the ignation is on so the system does not turn on with the car off.

Ok, so what nozzle setup would I need to run with my setup? I'll be running lucas 1200cc injectors, hx40, etc.(mods in profile). I'm hoping to make around 550whp.

the switch can handle the load no problem. The reason for the relay is so that the juice the pump draws is pulled from the battery not directly from the ignition. And also to make sure the ignation is on so the system does not turn on with the car off.

I was trying to find this information out but was unable to, How much amps is the Devilsown pressure switch?

Could I run 4 separate nozzles on a smim with nitrous bungs welded on? So I could have roughly the same amount going into each runner and into each combustion chamber...

Yep you sure can. Just buy the distributor block from the devils website or from an authorized dealer and you're set!

Oh and don't forget the extra lines and nozzles too.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Alright what nozzles would I need to use to fit on the nitrous bungs? I have a snow performance stage 3 will the devils own block work with my kit?

Wow I read 30 pages I still do not fully comprehend Meth injection. I pmed devilsown and no response...well from what I read I need to choose nozzle size and install before iat sensor. Can it be installed before bov? As I have no more space on upper ic piping.

Also I'm running SD and ethanol. I read you can't run Meth on e85?? I wanted Meth kit for cooler iats as FL has hot temps where I knock and get over 100deg iat temps with cai.

Also do nozzles get welded? I see no pics. What about pump how do you know what psi to set at??

What about running 100% water for cool iats? Have not read any of these questions.. I'm interested in kit but from searching I can't find much. Help appreciated!

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

I have a question about my future setup. I'm going to be running a fp3052 with water/meth on 93 pump gas. We dont have e85 in my area. I have 750s at the moment and I think I will be needing to upgrade. My plan is to run somewhere from 18-20lbs running v3 dsmlink in SD mode. I was also planning on doing their boost control solenoid. What would be an ideal setup for nozzle and placement of the nozzles? I will be running a devils own kit still trying to decide on which stage, i dont want to buy the wrong one that wont work fully with my setup. I was thinking of having the dsmlink possibly control the water/meth injection but i don't fully understand any of that either. any info would be helpful. thanks

All you would need is the universal kit. You could get the progressive controller if you want to have it spray a little bit at a time up until you reach your target PSI. It gives you visual notice on the pump as well.

However, hooking up via ECMLink is IMO much better. It would hook up the same exact way as the universal but the signal wire that would come from the hobbs switch is just now coming from the ECU through your selected (now unused) solenoid wire like the EGR.

Doing it this way allows more advanced settings so you don't have to worry about the pump turning on when you are bouncing off a rev limiter at idle to build boost, you can control at what RPM and load level to activate it at. It's worth checking out.

Most people just install the nozzle before the or on the TB elbow and generally you would start with the smallest nozzle in the kit and see how that works out and if needed, go larger.

You'll want to get a good solid tune without the meth first so when you do add it, you can add in a secondary fuel and timing map just for your mix use. It's a safer way to add it in, in my opinion.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back