The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Asc sunroof wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexGsxCummins

Proven Member
May 31, 2014
Bremerton, Washington
Im hoping someone can help, I luckily found a 90' eagle talon with an electric asc sunroof. Sadly the switch was cut off and stuffed the wires behind the headliner. There are 3 wires coming into were the switch would have been, a pink wire, a yellow, and a red. Then after the switch is only a yellow and a red. How should I go about wiring a new switch to see if it works without shorting something out

There weren't many of these installed. Not many folks even know they exist.
I would wire it up to a universal switch. Pink being the accessory wire aka power to switch. Red is power, yellow being ground is how id try it first personally.

There weren't many of these installed. Not many folks even know they exist.
I would wire it up to a universal switch. Pink being the accessory wire aka power to switch. Red is power, yellow being ground is how id try it first personally.
I was able to trace back the wires it was running into the driver side door. I just re connected the wires and used a screw driver to connect the leads in the pig tail together and sure enough it still works. It was moving pretty slow so it will need grease. Its a shame the car is so rotted away im trying to figure out how hard it would be to switch it over to my 92' with a sunroof. Im still not sure what the random pink wire is for though. I know the motor doesn't stop when you go to shut it, it will just shut then go right to the vent tilt. Im wondering if that pink wire somehow tells it that it's shut

You really should describe more clearly what you try to do and some pics. Otherwise nobody can tell you anything.
Are you sure you are not missing more wire(s) from the original switch or motor's pigtail? If the original switch is a simple polarity reversing switch, then 3 wires shouldn't be enough. At least it would be 4 or 5 wires for the switch.

You really should describe more clearly what you try to do and some pics. Otherwise nobody can tell you anything.
Are you sure you are not missing more wire(s) from the original switch or motor's pigtail? If the original switch is a simple polarity reversing switch, then 3 wires shouldn't be enough. At least it would be 4 or 5 wires for the switch.
Well I was trying to just test it before I pulled it off the car and I was able to do that. I wish I was able to grab pictures but I currently don't have a camera phone..

Well I was trying to just test it before I pulled it off the car and I was able to do that. I wish I was able to grab pictures but I currently don't have a camera phone..
I am not so sure about your situation but do you still have the original switch? And to clarify, how many wires go to the motor? You said yellow and red above, those are the ones go to the motor?

No the switch is gone
I'll do my best to explain, where the switch was at there are 3 wires running up to a circuit board next to the motor. Then there is a pink, red, and yellow coming back out. These 3 were cut. I reconnected the yellow and red (running to the motor after the circuit board) and if I jumped it at the door then the window opens and shuts. When it goes to shut it doesn't stop when its down it just automatically opened back up to the "vent" setting. This pink wire that comes out of the circuit board i dont see anywhere that it would go though.

hoping this helps show what is going on

Attachments

• sunroof.png
    sunroof.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it does. Can't be sure but to me it looks like the pink is for vent switch or the original switch's illumination.
Do you think the switch would have been up top in the over head or in the door? The wires were cut up top and there is a actual pigtail in the door but I cant tell what it would have been connected too. The illumination sounds like a big possibility, I will see if there is power on it later

Any update to this? I have a similar issue, and will get some photos as well tomorrow. I have a Canadian Plymouth Laser, 1990 with an asc sun roof, however I only have 4 wires coming from mine, I have no idea if the wires are factory because they are mismatched and seem like a patch job.

Added photos for what I have in my car, I didn't see other wiring going inside the door panel

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back