The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G ARP rod bolts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93TSIAWD

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 7, 2002
Columbus_In
I own a 93 talon tsi awd. I know in late 1992 they went to a 7-bolt block, which is what mine is. ARP lists two different rod bolt applications, one is for pre-94 and the other is 94-present. How can this be when there are two different sizes of rods in the years. The pre-94 are 9mm, I am guess these are for the big 1g rods. The others are 8mm which would be the 7-bolt rods. Can someone tell me which one is for me. I want to order them now before I take the engine apart so I can have them handy. THanks

Simple, ARP smokes crack. They say the same thing about headstuds, even though all 7 bolts are 11mm.
Order 2G bolts.

You do know that your rod has to be resized after pressing the new bolts in right? Doing that requires removing the piston from the rod, and pistons usually crack.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back