The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ARP Rod Bolts/Gasket Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimG

N/T Moderator
Jun 28, 2002
Aurora, ON_Canada
I planned on installing them, but now there is no odd bolt for the oil pickup tube filter that attaches to the bearing bolt. How do I put the oil pick up tube in with the new arp rod/bearing bolts? Also, the Haynes manual doesn't clearly state any gasket between the oil pump case and front case. Is there one there? I don't remember seeing one when I disassembled the engine. (4G63-specific)

The pickup just goes on the stud if the same spot it would normally go. Yes, there is a gasket for the oil pump/front cover.

I would imagine it would go in the same spot as the original. It's just that the OEM (stock) bearing bolt that was used to hold to the oil pick-up tube was a different shape to accomidate the pickup tube. Am I just suppose to ignore that and use the same nut to hold down the pickup tube and the y-bearing?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back