The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ARP mains swap/align bore

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not to argue with ya Hal, but this isn't always true and may mislead some people into a bad situation. the short and best answer is find a good machinist with a good rep for import 4cylinders, give him the hardware you want to run and let him measure and make that call..this isn't somthing you decide to do or not, it's something that may or may not "need done" depending on measurements and specs when assembled (not pointing that at u either Hal, just genral statement of facts)

Anytime you change the fasteners or add something like a girdle it's good practice to check the align bore. Whether it's out of spec or not, at least you know. Like my father always told me, "checkin' is cheap". In my experience it's 50/50 when adding ARP studs or a girdle.

I see it all the time on the forums where someone gets lazy or takes bad advice on things like this. Then a month later I'll see a post along the lines of, "I'm trying to install my crank but it wont turn" or "why did my bearings spin?".

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back