The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Arp headstuds retorque?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastezz

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 11, 2002
5oneHO Oakland, The BAY, California
OK I went to retorque my arp headtsuds today I just put my torque wrench to 85lbs and to see if anyof them were loose but they werent, should I not worry about the retorque?? Or should I loosen all of them then retorque them like that?
Ryan

Do not loosen them, and re torque them.

Generally the head studs do not need re-torquing, in fact wether the studs need to be re-torqued or not is more a function of what type of head gasket is used.

Ive been running a cometic for a while (2, lp and hp) and I have retorqued both just for my own satisfaction. I wouldnt even consider a retorque if I wasnt running a mls gasket.

Ive also been running a Cometic LP and Arp's for the past few months. I did not do a retorque and theres been no signs of needing one.

Well I am running a felpro so im guessing im ok??
Ryan

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back