The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1G ARP 2000 Rod bolt torque?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanzomg

Proven Member
May 18, 2015
melrose park, Illinois
I’ve got a 6 bolt 4g63
I am using ARP 2000 Manley rod bolts on Manley H-Beams.. what is the general torque value with ARP Fastener Lube?
I could only find Manleys suggested values with 30 weight oil
I WILL be using Stretch gauge

It looks like the stretch is .0058-.0062 using 30wt oil.

Yeah like I said I saw the 30 weight values

The general torque value for the 3/8 1.500" or 1.600" UHL ARP 2000 bolt with ARP lube is 55 ft-lbs. But if you are using the stretch method, each bolt may have a different torque value to get the same target stretch.

Thanks, local old school dsm mechanic suggested 65ft lbs
Any idea what the part number is for either bolt? I gotta measure the UHL, might end up replacing just to be sure they’re not permanently stretched

Last edited by a moderator:
If your rods are H-beam, I think the UHL should be 1.500". If I-beam, it should be 1.600".
I am not so sure if Manley's ARP 2000 bolt is exactly the same as ARP's off-the-shelf rod bolt, even the same size they may have a slight difference (Like Eagle state that not to use the ARP off-the-shelf rod bolts for their rods). So if you want a new set, you should buy it with the Manley part number or should confirm with Manley before ordering if you want the ARP set, that would be safer.

ARP 2000 3/8 1.500" UHL Rod Bolt
Manley Part Number : 42350-1 (Single bolt)
ARP Part Number : 200-6207 (A set of 8 bolts)

ARP 2000 3/8 1.600" UHL Rod Bolt
Manley Part Number : 42351-1 (Single bolt)
ARP Part Number : 200-6209 (A set of 8 bolts)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If your rods are H-beam, I think the UHL should be 1.500". If I-beam, it should be 1.600".
I am not so sure if Manley's ARP 2000 bolt is exactly the same as ARP's off-the-shelf rod bolt, even the same size they may have a slight difference (Like Eagle state that not to use the ARP off-the-shelf rod bolts for their rods). So if you want a new set, you should buy it with the Manley part number or should confirm with Manley before ordering if you want the ARP set, that would be safer.

ARP 2000 3/8 1.500" UHL Rod Bolt
Manley Part Number : 42350-1 (Single bolt)
ARP Part Number : 200-6207 (A set of 8 bolts)

ARP 2000 3/8 1.600" UHL Rod Bolt
Manley Part Number : 42351-1 (Single bolt)
ARP Part Number : 200-6209 (A set of 8 bolts)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Thank you so much, may you have a blessed life.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back