The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Arkansas members

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The gsx is now for sale. 5,000 the way it sits. The AN fuel line leaks and there is a spinning/knocking sound coming from the engine bay. I've heard several different theories as to what it could be. It's not worth my time anymore and I would much rather someone on here buy it so it's not ran to shit. I would go lower on price but that's what I need to get out of debt on it.

Why would I want that, when I could have this! LOL! ROFL

Please tell me this is a joke 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST For Sale or Trade

A RAM INTAKE! A must have!!!!!

I can only imagine that thing playing "ima playa im playa, oh oh oh ima playa" haha

Probably needs a fuel filter for that lean code.

Ps. I think I have two super ultra pre turbo ram intakes. Sooo better look out.

Sorry you have to get rid of it. But I'm broke as a joke... A knocking coming from the motor?

Last edited:
Is this with your intake still off? I've vented countless AC systems into the atmosphere. Just get you a suicide hose take the can off of it and bleed it. Or if your really brave disconnect a line... Not recommended

Have you tried getting underneath the car? I would put an easy bolt back in there and try to get it out. Because if its that hard to get out and you have the weight of the compressor on that one bolt. Your in for one hell of a fight.

I didnt try to go underneath the car. The intake manifold is off. I can clearly see the compressor and bracket but I cannot see the bottom driver side bolt when sits about 1 inch above the frame and under the compressor. I can feel it. Cant get a wrench or ratchet on it.

Has anybody taken this off while the engine is still in the car?

It's got to be possible man. I did an alternator on a newer ish focus and the cv axle had to come out. But I had a lift...

Ok guys, I got my 14b installed. Finally... Anyways, It will only boost to 5psi and takes forever to get there. (BTW, 5psi feels WAY stronger then 15psi on my T-25 LOL) SO, I'm assuming the cause of it is the wastegate flapper cracked open a little. It seemed it was cracked open some. Do I just need to bend the arm back to tighten up the flapper? It's what i'm going to try anyways LOL

Even with a cracked wastegate you should creep past 5psi on an unported 14b. Do a boost leak test first and make sure no serious leaks are around.

Whoa whoa, the GSX is down and for sale?

.__. Oh come on.

I really put it up to shut my dad up. I've already ordered new braided fuel line for it and i'll be installing it soon. He's wanting to take it to the shop and let him look at it. If I can get it running and keep it going I can probably shut him up about it LOL.

He's mostly just pissed off that I spent 4,500 on a car that I haven't even been able to drive once yet. Lol

Well pulling the trans ain't really no big thing. Me and like are pretty good a it. But I would crawl underneath and get something in there and see if you have play some where.

We had a guy bring in his truck that was "knocking" when he was pulling something. Turns out he torqu converter bolts where loose and puttining that tad bid of strain on it would cause them to knick the Motor as it rotated.

Well pulling the trans ain't really no big thing. Me and like are pretty good a it. But I would crawl underneath and get something in there and see if you have play some where.

We had a guy bring in his truck that was "knocking" when he was pulling something. Turns out he torqu converter bolts where loose and puttining that tad bid of strain on it would cause them to knick the Motor as it rotated.

LOL that make it twice I've been called "like" this week in an e-mail / message. Coincidence???? Maybe........... Well the home buying process is still in effect. I probably won't be able to close this Friday but will close sometime either next Friday or that following Monday. F#$%@! R/D loans but I guess I knew what i was getting into. After we get moved in I will be throwing a home warming party so all is invited. I guess you could call it a mini DSM meet if any you guys want to attend. I will post more details as the party draws near.

LOL that make it twice I've been called "like" this week in an e-mail / message. Coincidence???? Maybe........... Well the home buying process is still in effect. I probably won't be able to close this Friday but will close sometime either next Friday or that following Monday. F#$%@! R/D loans but I guess I knew what i was getting into. After we get moved in I will be throwing a home warming party so all is invited. I guess you could call it a mini DSM meet if any you guys want to attend. I will post more details as the party draws near.

Badass, I can get drunk and just walk home :hellyeah:

I will be attempting to get this AC bracket off again today. Anybody in Little Rock want to swing by and give me a hand? My cell is 267-259-2777

If I had a bit more time... Driving right by everyone to Springfield to pick up a car then camping in Mountain home for the night.

I got the bolt out from the top. Put the JMF bracket on, it does work with AC, their web page says it doesnt. Manifold is on. Just have to get a longer coolant hose for the TB and a new throttle body elbow pipe. Anybody local can weld me one? Or should I just buy a generic ebay one and use a 90* coupling. I have the old Upgraded (larger) Denjon side mount and Dejon intercooler piping. The throttle body is lower and now the piping will not line up. I think a elbow that doesnt angle down should work.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back