The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Arkansas members

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I personally use Autozone. The store manager here is a good guy and I'm also friends with the dm.

I have seen those advertised on tv. Is kinda like those Bosch platinum 4s. Just a waste of money. I can never bring myself to buy anything but OEM. The plugs the engine where designed to work on. NGKS, DELCO, champion/Bosch(dodge only) and motorcraft. It makes me sick to get a car or truck in here that runs like shit. Pull out a plug and have a 10yr old autolite plug starin me in the face. I just can't believe that a OEM spark plug gapped to spec is less efficient than whatever those E powered plugs are.

I usually try and use autozone cause sometimes their prices for a lifetime warrantied part is cheaper than the same product from oreillys or bumper to bumper and I have an account with them. I do however hate that the only brand of fuel pump they carry is airtex. Those are garbage on every level. I usually watch powerblock on the weekends and I am still dumbfounded they stuck one in a build. :barf:WTF

I have seen those advertised on tv. Is kinda like those Bosch platinum 4s. Just a waste of money. I can never bring myself to buy anything but OEM. The plugs the engine where designed to work on. NGKS, DELCO, champion/Bosch(dodge only) and motorcraft. It makes me sick to get a car or truck in here that runs like shit. Pull out a plug and have a 10yr old autolite plug starin me in the face. I just can't believe that a OEM spark plug gapped to spec is less efficient than whatever those E powered plugs are.

I usually try and use autozone cause sometimes their prices for a lifetime warrantied part is cheaper than the same product from oreillys or bumper to bumper and I have an account with them. I do however hate that the only brand of fuel pump they carry is airtex. Those are garbage on every level. I usually watch powerblock on the weekends and I am still dumbfounded they stuck one in a build. :barf:WTF

Powerblock is entirely ran from sponsorships so it makes sense to me. Atleast powerblock still shows fabrication unlike Speed which puts on Truck U, the show that only shows you how to bolt on shitty, overpriced parts from summit racing....velocity has car fix with Jared and Guy which use to do muscle car but the shows are too infrequent.

If you can't find BPR6ES - order them. Don't run anything else. Terrible knock, ridiculouly rich conditions, etc. Will cause more issues than you'll ever want to deal with. :/

anybody got a 2g non-cruise throttle cable for sale? Just removed the cruise and in need of one.

I got the only non cruise 420a throttle cable at the pick n pull on Baseline here in Little Rock. But throttle cables from the galant, dimante of certain years will work, but they are very long. They are so long they will loop all the way around the engine bay and set over the engine, but they will work. The 420a cable is short.

Those shows really gets on my nerves after a while. They show products like that because they are paid by the company's.

Don't reckon will will ever see a import/tuner show, the only tune those guys know is "bigger carburetor"

This is what I did today. Looks better then it did. IMO:hellyeah:

Attachments

• 21296_605225732822217_763859459_n.jpg
    21296_605225732822217_763859459_n.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 935518_605225752822215_1182914435_n.jpg
    935518_605225752822215_1182914435_n.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 428533_605247332820057_244640345_n.jpg
    428533_605247332820057_244640345_n.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 70
what adapter do you use for those wheels

oh and if anyone needs any 1g pays pick n pull is going tip have one shortly on the yard

Anybody interested in buying a 05 G35 Sedan, fully loaded except navigation? Bought a new car on ebay and I think I need to only have two cars not three. 165k miles. Tint, coupe 19s wheels, slightly lowered, ipod connection, sat radio, keyless entry\start. Diamond Graphite (gray) with black leather.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So check this out. 01 buick rendezvous, 3100.

Guy says, he never ran it hot and he HIGHLY doubts that the headgasket is blown.

Really!?!?!?

Funny thing is, I know it's washout, but it's got more water in them cylinders than in the radiator.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 65
Looks perfectly normal. It'll run.

xD

Not for long, in usually very good at GM 3 series motors, but since this damn thing is a foward cab, you really cannot get to the back of the motor. A pontiac 3400 would have taken alot less time :(

Do I just need to bring a basic tool kit for the ac? Never removed it before

Should be, the AC lines are held on with bolts, and the condenser should be also.

Il double check, he'll shouldn't take more than 5 minutes I think

Well, that's a bust, the low side broke from the dryer when I was tapping her loose. It's ok man!! I pulled it off my car, send a text to 501-827-5969 and il send pics. I got all of it off for ya, my back yard is a jungle and I

Really need to mow it, the routing shouldn't be too bad, but I would suggest replacing the dryer, (they aren't expensive. And oraphis tube if it has one. Also don't forget the PAG OIL. Il kinda give you an idea of how it's routed.

Hey bandit I happen to notice you do a lot of mechanic work, so how much do you think you would charge to replace a timing belt, seals, and a water pump on a dsm ?? :aha:

It's really my day job LOL. If you where close and supplied the beer id show ya how its not that hard and even easier with a BSEK.

I should be working in my car, but after working on other people's crap I get home and I'm like........... Nope LOL.

Can be done in a day, what seals? Like cam seals? I've never dont those but those shouldn't be an issue at all. The PITA is getting that DAMN exhaust cam to stay in line. (ive never actually tried using a wrench to hold the hex part of the cam. )usually takes me about 2-3 tries, I would suggest buying a new tensioner and pullies if the one that's on it hasn't been replaced.

What kind of belt kit are you going with? For a mild setup i would go with gates.

I don't even know where warren is? I'm an OK mechanic (difficult diagnosing poses an issue, but if I know what it is I can change it) and have about a year of so of experience on these cars but you got my number above if you attempt it. Call me and I can help.

Of course having tried to get the damn white devil right, it either shows that it was doomed or I am just terrible...

I'm picking up a gs with a black interior possibly, anyone want to buy the dash and console? Rest of interior is tan.

If I can find a solid buyer for interior parts the wife won't be able to bi***.

On yeah and the kicker. I only get paid 8.25$ and hour through the week! Really starting to be to much. I start paramedic school in August, god I can't wait to be out of school so I can ditch that shithole ;) and move on to my other passion. Saving lives! I know I know, I can do it all. :p

I'm picking up a gs with a black interior possibly, anyone want to buy the dash and console? Rest of interior is tan.

If I can find a solid buyer for interior parts the wife won't be able to bi***.

Sorry man, I'm dash rich over here LOL

So I went and bought a 95 v6 5 speed camaro today as soon as I started driving it all it did was make me miss my eclipse even more LOL shouldn't be that much longer till she's on the road again runs perfect now just need new windshield haha

So I went and bought a 95 v6 5 speed camaro today as soon as I started driving it all it did was make me miss my eclipse even more LOL shouldn't be that much longer till she's on the road again runs perfect now just need new windshield haha

The bug bites quick, I can't believe I stayed away from a DSM for two years, now I can't stop tinkering on my own. However, now it has become more of a DD and I have to be careful how long I rip it apart for to get things ironed out.

The next round of modifications to the car are more for comfort, fixing sunroof leaks, replacing headliner, strengthening door panels, radio, etc.

The bug bites quick, I can't believe I stayed away from a DSM for two years, now I can't stop tinkering on my own. However, now it has become more of a DD and I have to be careful how long I rip it apart for to get things ironed out.

The next round of modifications to the car are more for comfort, fixing sunroof leaks, replacing headliner, strengthening door panels, radio, etc.

Maintenance = Reliability :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back