The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Arkansas members

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Van Buren, arkansas here. Incase nobody knows where that is, its right by fort smith.

Paragould/Jonesboro area for me.

=/ Just got rid of my GSX, but picked up a Laser shell I'll be working over over the Fall/Winter months.

We REALLY need to get something going in Arkansas. We have NOTHING going on here.

Yeah.

Well.. a good deal came along... And I wanted to try something different. So I got a 2G GST.. and I love it. The GSX needed a bit more work, but I brought it back from the dead. Someone else was desperate for a GSX no matter the issues.. and I wanted a good DD that I didn't have to work on or be tempted to upgrade constantly.. So I got this GST.. and have a Laser sitting in storage. ;P Gonna be my track queen.

I'm in Fayetteville Arkansas (northwest corner). Anyone up for a mini DSM gathering at the drag strip in Centerville one weekend soon? Test and Tune is every Saturday night from 5-11pm. I know a few DSM guys in southwest Missouri who might also be interested.

Last edited:
Gaaaawd. Such a far drive.

My car is at a stand-still right now until I can get ahold of ECMLink and get my EPROM socketed.

that would be sweet. i think we should all go down to centerville in april, for the third annual limgo shootout. its for a ggod cause and its like the only mostly import night they have. im not sure what day it will be on yet, but this year was fun.

We need to all meet up. Boost, you're about an hour from me. ;D You need to let me come check out that GSX!

New to the forums. I have had many 1g's in the past. I just picked up a 95 gst auto convertin it to a 97+ gsx manual. Pick up a few small things this weekend and then to figure out fuel system. Have the gsx tank just cant find secondary and primary sending units. Thinkin bout fuel cell in the hatch area. Got the rear suspension bolted and will have drive shaft hung this weekend and hopefully have the engine and tranny in too. Im in Russellville and currently attend ATU. Im doin a few other goodies while im at it. Boost controller, front mount, crushed 1g bov, etc.

Wait.. ATU? o_o My friend John Thompson went there for years. Don't happen to know him do you?

hi,
i am new to the forum, and reside in the conway area.

i have a 97 talon tsi awd (work in progress)

Guys i live in Bryant/Little rock/Otter creek area. i got this delima... i got this jacks-transmission rebuild put in my 95 AWD. i recently found out its an evo3 after the tranny have been set in place. i know the evo3 has different output pinion gears unlike the U.S dsm's. i have emailed jack and got little help, all he could say is to look at his video's on how to id what "pinion gear" i have. That's pretty if the tranny is sitting in front of you and out the car. But, how are you going to look at it being in the car idk... i just spend a fortune to get the car run and now i need to drop a tranny? i don't think so, not right now... cash is short and i am a student. is there anyway you could check the pinion gear without taking the tranny out? if not who here is knowledgeable and willing to lend a hand? Or what shop? Polk is down the road but i need to see my option and solutions before i talk to them.

And guys, if you guys are out there and want to get together in this area and help each other out let me know. I am willing to lend a hand to anybody that has a dam. maybe we could learn for each other. WAR MEMORIAL stadium has auto cross event every other Sunday and is sponsor by SCCA. This could be a good meeting spot to test and check out each other rides and get to know each other. PM me if you are in this area...or in Arkansas.

It takes about an hour to drop and reinstall a transmission. I don't see what the big deal is. Just grab a friend, unbolt the handful of bolts that hold the trans in place, drop it.. identify it, and reinstall it.

If I were closer I'd come give you a hand.

im in conway im been workin on the six bolt swap on my gsx

but for the most part i got everything down even to moveing around the ecu pins but now i just need some1 to put on my timmin belts and time it bc im not going to try that

>> You offer compensation, I'll come do it. Timing is simple as cake.

How about a 1oo but i still have to put on the cran
k pullys and the belt ten

i ment a 100.00 bucks man any mor then that i might as well take it to the shop

I haven't heard of a shop take any less than $400 for a timing job. ;P

And I meant fuel compensation. You're a bit of a drive.

Little Rock area here...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back