The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Are these the same as the old turbochargers.com "GT EVO exhaust manifold"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Its probably just about the same. don't know if the quality is the same. pretty much all cast turbo manifolds that were popular have been cheaply reproduced and usually sell on ebay. They are usually of lower quality than the original. But its really hard to say without having an original and a copy side by side to compare.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The second link is a shop in Sydney, Australia called "GT Pumps". I wonder if they are the original manufacturers? That turbochargers.com pic you posted shows a "GT Headers" sticker. Slightly different name, different logo...but I suppose things could have changed in a 17-year time period.

I'm in Sydney now and tempted to pick one up. The $368.50 price looks shocking until you realise that it's in AUD and the USD is kicking the crap out of the Aussie dollar at the moment; currently $368.50 AUD = $257.65 USD which isn't half bad.

I've E-mailed GT Headers to see if they're the manufacturer and to ask what I'm getting for ~80AUD (60USD) over the eBay seller.

Why not get the FP manifold and heat shield? You will be in about the same amount of money but will likely be a better product. FP often runs a sale on the manifold or you can get a used one in the classified for 150-200 and there is actually an FP manifold heat shield for sale in the classifieds right now for $100.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to suggest the FP manifold. ;)

I have heavily considered the FP manifold but from what I've read the GT manifold will better suit my purposes.
  • Reports of those who have used both have indicated the GT manifold provides significantly better spool and midrange, only perhaps loosing a bit up-top to the FP manifold. This is an HPDE/time attack car first, street car second and in far, far third (if ever at all) a 1/4 mile car. I'm looking for area under the curve, not internet hero HP stats.

• The heat-shield soltutions I have seen have been less than ideal in comparison to the stocker. Again being an HPDE car, heat management is a massive concern for me. I don't want the manifold radiating tons of heat into the radiator.
If the GT manifold didn't exist (which is nearly doesn't), then it would be a toss-up between an FP and a ported Evo 3, and with my time constraints it would likely go to the FP.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back