The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Are these strut covers OEM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eclipse 1998

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 21, 2010
,, Indiana
I was wondering since I've never seen these.
Did 2g's come with these?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Seems like a euro thing. Im pretty sure they would not use words like multilink unles it was a 95 thing for promo

Seems like a euro thing. Im pretty sure they would not use words like multilink unles it was a 95 thing for promo
Ive owned 3 95 all which came mostly stock. Ive not seen these. That listing was in the US. But Im now thinking it must be some universal part. Are the euro parts still labeled with a MB?

Ive owned 3 95 all which came mostly stock. Ive not seen these. That listing was in the US. But Im now thinking it must be some universal part. Are the euro parts still labeled with a MB?
Of course, even the J spec parts are. These look some kind of aftermarket caps.

The 2g Eclipses did come OEM with those caps. But not the exact set pictured. I have one laying in a box somewhere. For some reason my car only had the driver side when I purchased it. The originals had an MB part number with no other markings, and were shaped more like a Sombrero (that's the only way I know how to describe it LOL)

The 2g Eclipses did come OEM with those caps. But not the exact set pictured. I have one laying in a box somewhere. For some reason my car only had the driver side when I purchased it. The originals had an MB part number with no other markings, and were shaped more like a Sombrero (that's the only way I know how to describe it LOL)
That sounds like the rear cap not the front.

If you ever find it, post a pic with the part number so it's in the thread for the future.

Hah, I knew what car these'd be from as soon as I saw the big "MULTILINK SUSPENSION" stamping. Part number is MR103870. They are off a 7th gen Galant, which was the first Mitsubishi to use multi-link suspension all around. It was also the first production car to have it while being FWD and front-mounted engine. So naturally Mitsubishi were really proud of this and wanted buyers to know about the suspension setup, so they stamped it right there on the caps LOL.

Anyway, given how almost identical the 7th gen Galant and Eclipse chassis/suspensions are, these also fit a DSM perfectly.

Found one on eBay for $6.
Fitment is excellent.

Like I said, those caps came on 7th gen Galants from the factory. The only way I see them coming on our 2Gs ('95-'96) is if some Mitsu techs at the dealerships were doing a checklist on the brand new cars shipped on their lot and they decided to slap some pads on the fronts also since they probably had plenty of 'em. Or if people simply got them off a Galant and put them on their 2G.

In any case, cool find. At least they would keep water and dirt out of the strut cap.

MULTI LINK SUSPENSION :dsm::thumb:LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back