The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Are JUN cams still a decent choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadian_CD9A

Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2012
Winnipeg, MB_Canada
The JUN 272 used to be the hottest cam over 10 years ago, but times have obviously changed. I'm asking to see if Jun's cams are still relevant in the 4G63 world. There are publications out there showing that they are machined to impeccable tolerances, but according to the DSPORT cam test, the JUN 272s give up spool compared to cams that make similar power (GSC S2, Kelford 272). The JUN 272 had similar spool-up characteristics compared to the GSC S3, but with lower peak numbers. Keep in mind, that was an Evo test, so I don't know how well this applies to DSMs/Evo123s. At the moment, I can buy a set of new JUN cams cheaper than a set of GSCs, which has historically been the main issue that made people buy elsewhere. Are the JUN 264 or 272 still a good choice for camshafts these days?

And also, can someone finally produce accurate duration numbers for the JUN 264? Strangely, this has never been shared online.

There hasn't been much for development in the way of cams in the last 10yrs. So it's likley that what was hot then will be hot now. Even so cams are a very very small piece of the entire puzzle. The best cams are determined by your turbo, intake, header, trans ratios, intended use, vehicle weight, ect.

I want to give the Jun 264s a try, so I think I'll go ahead and order a set.
Supposedly in the 228* duration range @ 1mm with 10.5/10.5 lift, so between the GSC S2 and Kelford 272 on duration, just with a bit less lift, perhaps improving spool on my combination.
If anything, I'd hope that they include the cam card to finally figure out the specs.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back