The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Are AWD High Maintenance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan2987

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 20, 2002
Williamsport_PA
Right now im in the market for a 92 Talon Tsi AWD. But today my parents stoped by some small car dealer and the guy told them the AWD are high maintenance. then he went on bout all this bs. Is this true?

There are more moving parts. But basically it's the same ol DSM, with the same ol DSM problems. Only thing I spent more money than a FWD is breaking rear shafts every now and then. Other than that mines been fairly reliable.

i never broke a rear shaft but maybe that's cause i have a 4bolt rear end :D Just make sure you change the fluid in your rear diff. that's really the only extra thing you would have to do in a awd.... oh and don't rev your car to 7k and drop the clutch :thumb:

Depends on how you run it, Cucumber. A car by itself is not high maintenance until the owner gets a little crazy behind the wheel and the mods. I will say that a regular DSM will hold its own if proper care and left alone as the factory intended it. My GSX had been trouble-free for four years now, I left the motor stock and changed the fluids myself.

Originally posted by c5chris
Depends on how you run it, Cucumber. A car by itself is not high maintenance until the owner gets a little crazy behind the wheel and the mods. I will say that a regular DSM will hold its own if proper care and left alone as the factory intended it. My GSX had been trouble-free for four years now, I left the motor stock and changed the fluids myself.

You're preaching to the choir bub, I've had two..:)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back