The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

420A Are ARP Headstuds Re-usable?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLACK'98DSM

5+ Year Contributor
Feb 9, 2019
Alabama
At some point the head is coming back off to get some ss valves and bc springs. Anyway, my question is can I reuse the studs? I'm not sure if they're torque to yield like head bolts are or not. As long as they don't stretch I think I can use the same ones again. If not they're only around $100 so I'll buy new ones.

You can reuse ARP stuff. If you are in doubt, you can check the fastener against one of their stretch charts but I reuse my stuff as long as I haven't OVER tightened it at any time. ARP, of course, suggests using the stretch gauge.
I like your new picure!!!

Hey Josh!
Just like YOU, we all have our places of expertise. You did put a grin on my face, thank you very much! :thumb:

So I'm assuming this means I can also reuse my ARP rod bolts? Assuming they check out on a stretch gauge.

I'm just trying to plan ahead a little bit. This time it's just a head pull. But with the stress levels this engine is under it'll be the bottom end again one day.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back