The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Archer Fabrications T3 Turbo Manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are they a butt weld or socketed with those port extensions? I'm a huge fan of socket welded flanges
Butt weld. I like it because of the built in oval-to-round transition. That, and not having a weld bead directly under the upper manifold nuts really helps too.

Treadstone's cast stainless collectors are nice to work with as well. Saves a lot of time for the fabricator and money for the end user.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This manifold is pretty much equal length runners, the front two have one extra 45* piece, so you could say these are equal to within an inch, which I'd say most shops that claim equal length would be within this tollerance. Whats everyones opinion on what constitutes actual equal length runners?
Full disclosure here LOL

I wanted to avoid any straight pieces except for runner #1 which will have the logo.

Great thread and good work!

Gotta ask though, I noticed you have a pretty big landing on your butt joints. Any reason for that, are you still getting full penetration like that? Or are you not worried about that with thicker pipe

Great thread and good work!

Gotta ask though, I noticed you have a pretty big landing on your butt joints. Any reason for that, are you still getting full penetration like that? Or are you not worried about that with thicker pipe

full penetration isn't really too big a deal in the auto world. these don't get x rayed and will hold up great regardless if its fully penetrated or partially but i always try to get through as often as possible. it was an issue when i pipe welded and there were things like corrosive chemicals and such going through the tubes and all welds required a 3/32 gap. but these gets decent penetration as is. i usually use the factory land or close to, or grind it a little bit more, if you have too thin of a land you risk pushing the rod through into the runner. all my welds are back purged also and i just actually finished this manifold today. haven't had as much time as i would have liked at once so it took a little bit longer, but there will be more coming! this is my first official archer fab manifold. serialized 001 :D just have to weld inside the runner entries and port it a little bit and she's ready to head out the door :) ON TO THE NEXT

Last edited:
Nice work Kyle to bad you are not in ontario any more I could stop by and take a look. And that mani is not serial One . where is the top mount manifold you did haha that was a nice one too. Keep it up.

Nice work Kyle to bad you are not in ontario any more I could stop by and take a look. And that mani is not serial One . where is the top mount manifold you did haha that was a nice one too. Keep it up.
This is t3 001 LOL that top mount is sitting on my shelf. It's not going anywhere

I like it in Arizona :)

Couple more from today

Last edited:
Beautiful work, Kyle.

It's awesome to see you out on your own offering products to the DSM community.

Just thought I'd show the standard placement 2g DSM T3 turbo manifold i was working on last night. i just finished with the rough design (not polished or beveled yet). Sch40 304L stainless steel, will be fully back purged, CNC plasma cut 1/2" mild steel flanges welded with aluminum heat sinks, and decked flat, stainless tial 44mm wastegate flange with tear drop outlet and built around a GT35R sized turbo! The insides of the collector and runners to head flange will be welded. I'll use this thread to post as the progress comes along, as well as on instagram @archerfabrications. What do you guys think so far? nothing is set in stone so changes may still be made to the over all runner layout.

that looks like it takes forever!! LOL, how long do you spend on it?

ok very cool, what other products do you have? do you have a site?
Yeah I'm still very small, currently only have the t3 standard placement and offer welded collectors. Www.archerfabrications.bigcartel.com

It's been sort of put on the back burner with other manifold orders i have for different cars but i plan to make two styles of top mount t4 divided, a top mount t3, a stock replacement with dsm flange ( based off the placement of the FP cast manifold) and eventually a forward facing like the red demons, dump tubes, down pipes, and 2g bolt in chute mounts

My standard placement t3 has been verified to fit a 1g with the FP flow advancement cover, but may require minor trimming of the front roll stop bracket that bolts to the block for the 4" Compressor covers, we havnt verified the 4" actually needs trimming but it's a possibility at this point.

Not sure if you'll ever get around to doing V band stuff, but I have a gt42r (FP 4205 actually) with a Tial gt42 v band housing I could send you if you need a mock up piece. I currently have a JMFab top mount v band manif with no complaints, just offering the T.H. from Tial if you need one. I know they get expensive.

Attachments

• IMG_1954.JPG
    IMG_1954.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 73
very nice, that is very cool you have your own site to sell your manifolds, so do you do mostly custom manifolds? or is it just a few here and there?

very nice, that is very cool you have your own site to sell your manifolds, so do you do mostly custom manifolds? or is it just a few here and there?
Right now specifically dsm manifolds on my site, but if i can get ahold of an evo or an evo manifold I'd offer for that as well, but at this time i private label for some shops so that is taking time up. I can make a fixture off what ever already exists or if there is a specific placement you want we can figure that out too, but most of the time for custom stuff i need the car.

I'll let that up to you, as far as making a jig based on the top mount I have. I don't have any complaints about my manifold, with the exception that the wastegate is right under the compressor cover. I wish there was a way for it to be on the other side (where the downpipe from the turbo exits), but space is a premium over there. I honestly don't see how you could have the wastegate on that side, maybe you could take a look...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back