The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Archer Bros. Racing Talon Resurrection

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello? Hello? I'm not sure how closely this thread is followed......

For any of the owners of the former Archer cars..... The SCCA is working to bring in former class winners to their 50th anniversary celebration Sept 19-22 at Road America. I've volunteered to take the #33 car there - if in fact they want it there - should find out more in the next few weeks.

Could any other cars make it there for these days?? I am in the area and could help with lodging and logistics..

Very interesting, maybe this particular car could qualify, although it is being totally transform.

By SCCA logbook, it would I think.

Hello? Hello? I'm not sure how closely this thread is followed......

For any of the owners of the former Archer cars..... The SCCA is working to bring in former class winners to their 50th anniversary celebration Sept 19-22 at Road America. I've volunteered to take the #33 car there - if in fact they want it there - should find out more in the next few weeks.

Could any other cars make it there for these days?? I am in the area and could help with lodging and logistics..

Scott, I plan to be at the runoffs this year. May be able to help out.

What a kick to come across this thread! Mitch Wright did all the prep work on my Talon throughout the first half of the 1990's when I lived in Minneapolis - I made many many trips to the Archer shop in Duluth because they were THE source for getting the most out of a Talon/Eclipse - there were no DSM modification parts catalogs back then. That was a first class race shop and it was always fascinating to check out their race cars while I was up there having my Talon "tweaked".

My son ended up buying his first car from Mitch by doing landscaping work at Mitch's house when he worked for the SCCA (we both moved to Denver about the same time). I learned a lot from Mitch.

We watched the Archers team race DSM's, then Trans Am, throughout the Midwest.

This is awesome to hear! I've got a link to Mitch Wright as well albeit not the same as yours. PM'd you...

I talked a bit with John Archer just today and it appears that one of the "black and yellow" 2g cars may come up for sale soon. We had a good talk about some of the old Archer cars....

Interesting to hear...

False alarm. They want the SCCA club racing cars, not the SCCA pro racing cars.....

Bummer, that would have been cool.

I put the Porterfields in the car as I prefer these.

The sidemount is simply a thicker version of the stock intercooler - similar to the Alamo if I remember correctly. The car does have an Alamo sponsorship sticker on it. Interestingly, the car used the upgrade intercooler but it had the smaller stock inlet and outlet welded onto it when I received the car. I modified it by welding on larger inlet and outlet pipes so there is no change in pipe diameter in and out of the intercooler. I'll try to figure out how to attach some pics to this post or I'll send them to you.

The car came with Goodyear slicks. Goodyear was one of their sponsors. They were the originals and VERY hard. I ran them in one autocross. The car was tru to it's sponsorships. You can tell what was in it just by looking at the car's graphics. All of the brands "on" the car are "in" the car somewhere.....HKS (air filter, boost controller, VPC) Champion spark plugs, Goodyear tires, Centerforce clutch, Fuel Safe fuel cell, Eibach springs, Bilstein dampers, OMP safety equipment.

Scott
Hi Scott,
Way back in 2006 you PMed me or e-mailed me the photos of you modified sidemount intercooler that's on your Archer car.

Looks like the DSM tuner server didn't save them after all these years. Could you post them here for all to see.

I ask because I remember your Archer sidemount looked like or was an Alamo SMIC that you had increased the inlet pipe on, if so I wanted to use your photos as reference as I hunt down an Alamo SMIC for my Talon.

Many thanks for your time,
Richard Silva
'93 Talon TSi

Last edited:
original intercooler picture
Thank you Scott!!!!

I haven't seen these since 2006!! Nice welds by the way!

Where do you post your current Archer 33 Talon adventures nowadays?

Thanks again,

-Richard Silva-
'93 Talon TSi
O.G. Talon Digest member 96-2002
O.G. SoCal Club DSM member

If I knew you where selling it I would have bought it from you.

Are you allowed to say who has it now?

-Richard Silva-
'93 Talon TSi
O.G. SoCal Club DSM member

A gentleman in Milwaukee. I've agreed to buy it back from him if he ever plans to sell, but he has had it on the back burner due to other projects and has not had it out much that I know of.

5 or so years ago there were pictures shared around Facebook of the non turbo Archer car’s configurations, but I have since left social media land and have looked on here without look. Would anyone on this thread happen to have those? I figured the luck is better here than anywhere else.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
I just found the 2 pics you sent me back in 2006 Scott. One is the pic shown here in your post and the other was of it on the #33 car. I have added it here for historical reference.

-Richard Silva-
'93 Talon TSi
OG SoCal Club DSM co-founder
1997 Club DSM factory tour participant

Wow, amazing what a coincidence.

Looks like Phil1320 Phil Beers sold his #32 car to the right person, you.

You have had your eye on this car for over 18 years!!!!

From what I remember you saw this factory backed 1990 #32 Archer Bros HKS SCCA World Challenge Championship car when you where young in 1990. Then again in 2005 when Jim Dale was selling it along with the 1993 #33 Archer car, that you use to own.

I see the radiator and hoses have been upgraded from factory stock to Mishimoto upgraded ones, along with some new gold foil bits an a HPS UICP silicone coupling.

Please let us know where we can follow and get info on this Archer car in the future.

More pics please, suspension, exhaust, tires, under car pics of bracing, please,

Does this car run the Mopar Performance FWD equal length left side front axle from an AWD?

-Richard Silva-
'93 Talon TSi
OG SoCal Club DSM co-founder
1997 Club DSM factory tour participant

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back