The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Resolved Dynatek ARC-2 wiring without transistor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phr0st

15+ Year Contributor
May 4, 2005
New Orleans, Louisiana
So I've done some searching and haven't come up with much in the way of answers. I have an Dynatek ARC-2 ignition with the plug and play harness. Well my transistor has pooped out twice in the last 6 months or so and I've decided I no longer need it. This is a track/weekend car.

I'm pretty sure I can wire the unit up no problems but I'm not sure about the tach adapter?

Do I still need it if I remove the transistor? If so, I would really like some info on how to wire it in.
If I no longer need it can I drive the tach directly from the unit using the tach output and tapping into the tach signal wire on the transistor?

I'm really hoping you can chime in here @brads and shine some light for me. Thanks dsm fam!

Last edited:
Yes, this is how I ran mine. The two trigger wires from the ECU that go to the PTU, will now go straight to the ARC-2. You'll run the tach signal wire from the ARC-2 to the harness. And you'll also need to hook the orange wire from the ARC-2 to switched 12V.

Then the black white and blue wires go to the coils.

That will work. If you aren't using the PTU, you will want to remove the tach adapter, since that is designed to work with the stock PTU.

You will lose a bit of electrical noise immunity doing this, so make sure your ARC-2 and ECM grounds are good.

And don't forget to change the switch on the ARC-2 for rising/falling edge.

Yes sir! halfway done wiring it now. I'm actually using some extra plugs and things i had lying around to make a "almost" plug-and-play harness LOL. Thanks again guys!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back