The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

apexi turbo timer install gone wrong?? HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el aguila

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 28, 2002
Lima & Yorkville, Ohio
I have the Apexi auto timer and the harness both of which I got from gruppe-s.com. So i follow the instructions, connect the harness, ground, and ebrake wire but its still not working.When I start the car the screen on it flashes and thats it. Ive tried turning it on/off but nothing works. Also...with the clutch pedal out, if I turn the key to start and hold it there, the TT gets power and works. They sent me an HKS harness but I dont think thats the problem. Do you think the TT itself is bad? or maybe the harness?

I doubt it would be the harness, I guess you could check all of the wires with a voltmeter (ohm) setting to see if they have continuity, my guess would be its that little black box that comes with the tt, i think it is the relay or whatever; I would send it back, since it sounds like you hooked it up correctly

Im planning on sending it back. I was thinking it might be the relay too.

Think if I run a constant 12v from the TT to the battery it might work?

The APEX'i installation guide suggests that you check every connection with a voltometer before you connect up. If either the black or white wires are hooked up wrong, everything could go wrong. I'm about to install one myself, and was just lookin for tips. Hehe.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back