The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

apexi n1 exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

http://www.aieonline.com/125/cat125.htm?182

Heres a good place great to deal with i got an Apex N-1 Turbo muffler through them and went to the custom muffler shop and got 2 3/4 pipe back to the cat for 130 bucks for welding the muffler on and pipeing. sure beats paying 500 or so for the catback and even if your looking to get a 3in exhaust from apex remember this there catback isnt truely a 3in exhaust.

Later
Rob

I have the Apex N1 Cat-Back exhaust. I measured it, and my shop measured it, and some other shops in the complex (where my auto shop is) measured it. We all found it to be 3" piping. There is a convertor we had to attach to match the stock cat, but that is only because I can't replace the cat yet (dam CA smog laws). Otherwise, yes the system would have been a "TRUE" 3" cat-back exhaust.

not with the resonators not true 3inch there

apexi does sell the n1 with a 3inch inlet. i have one, i can also get them at a lower cost then most places. in fact it measures 3.25 inlet.

There is an NA(60mm?) universal muffler and a TURBO(80mm?) universal muffler. Something like that. I just know the turbo catbacks go out to like 3.3 inches at the muffler.

yes go with the turbo N-1 muffler that says 80mm dont get screwed

ROB was somewhat correct. The 3in apexi cat back Apexi exhaust is not a true 3in system.
1. Yes the piping is 3in
2. the resonators are 3in
It loses it's 3in design right befor it exits the can into the tip. It's necked down inside the can to 2.5in
I have the cat back on my 97gsx and I've posted the pic.s on here before. If needed, I will post them again.
I must say .....I really love the exhaust though

Its the necking part from what i was told that its bottle necked in certin spots to 2.5

Yes Rob, but only in the can itself(At least on mine)(Not including the Cat adapter that can be removed). Before I put mine on, I examined every piece and tried to take measurements. The only part I found less than 3in is in the can.

would that be a restriction, or would it not matter unless your making serious power. My goals for the car is 13's.

Thanks and sorry to bring up an old thread

Crashed97tsi, it should not restrict you from getting into the 13's....you can probably do better than that with the right turbo, supporting mods and tuning. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but 11's have been seen with 2.5in exhaust(upgraded turbo, supporting mods and tuning).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back