The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Apex coilovers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candela

20+ Year Contributor
May 10, 2002
Austin, Arizona
Anyone got the, or know of these coilovers on any 1g's. They are about a grand for the set, and include adjustable perch and struts...in a pretty cheap street combo. I want my car to srop about 2 inches, and dont know of any spring/strut combo that ha been proven for that:rolleyes:

You can always get the Ground Control setup if you want to lower your car some. That's what I have and I love the way my 1G sits (Approx 2in lower). Sorry, I don't know of anyone with the Apex setup...only JIC's...but those are pricey but proven too.

Originally posted by candela
Anyone got the, or know of these coilovers on any 1g's. They are about a grand for the set, and include adjustable perch and struts...in a pretty cheap street combo. I want my car to srop about 2 inches, and dont know of any spring/strut combo that ha been proven for that:rolleyes:

Yes the Apexi WS dampers are a great true coilover system. You should also look into Tein coilovers. They are excellent in ride quality and performance, and are cheaper than the Apexis WS dampers.

But, if you want to go a bit cheaper, then you could get some Ground Control coilovers and mate them up with some KYB Agx's for your 1g. KYB AGX's work well for 1 g's but not for 2g's. Or you could mate the GC up with some Tokico Illuminas or even Koni Yellows.

But, if you go the GC/Koni setup (which is a great setup), you will be spending almost the same amount of money as the full TEIN setup. Thefore, I would recommend TEIN.

You will love them. Trust me....check them out.

Nathan

I thought teh apex were the chepest. I searched for tein's and couldnt find anything for the 1g dsm's...which is why I was considering the apex ws dampers. The GC/GX combo would cost about 7-800 dollars and the apex are only 970$ so I figure they probably are worth the extra, but I really have no experience with dsm suspension. If tein made stuff for the 1g that is definetly where I would go, thanks for the reply...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back