The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Anyone Wanna Do A Timing Belt Job

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoolin18

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 2, 2009
Albany, Kentucky
Anyone around the Ky Tn state line wanna do a timing belt job for money. :pray:My mechanic bailed simply because I ask him if he had the special tools. OMGI live in albany ky. I would need you to either come here or tow it to you. I'd rather you came here. :cry:I could pay extra for the travel.:pray: I would pay the going rate for changing it to. :thumb:I'm in a real jam here.:banghead: Any help or leads is appreciated.;)

i have no clue of how to chnge them.:sosad:

How long do you have to do it? If you have a couple days and access to tools I say go buy a Haynes manual and go to town, I just pulled my tranny this week and two weeks ago I would've been way to scared to even try, now a timing belt job doesn't seem like a big task. (even though the tranny was pretty easy)

Besides there's so much help and info and pictures dealing with timing belt jobs on here and vfaq that as long as you pay attention it's pretty much impossible to mess up.

...as long as you take your time, follow important steps and have tonnage of patience in doing your own belts. But, it really is good when you do your own belts and say "wow! I did that all by myself!"

if you can get it teleported to my garage ill knock it out for you in 20mins and a charge of 100$ :applause:..ROFL

Anyone around the Ky Tn state line wanna do a timing belt job for money. :pray:My mechanic bailed simply because I ask him if he had the special tools. OMGI live in albany ky. I would need you to either come here or tow it to you. I'd rather you came here. :cry:I could pay extra for the travel.:pray: I would pay the going rate for changing it to. :thumb:I'm in a real jam here.:banghead: Any help or leads is appreciated.;)

i have no clue of how to chnge them.:sosad:

How close to Bowling Green, Kentucky are you. I'll knock er' out in half an hour.

I live in the asshole of KY. :toobad:Its about 85 miles east of from Bowling Green. Real easy to find. Bowling Green, I love Bowling green, :hellyeah:been over there several times. Love the Greenwood mall. I can't drive it because something has wore a deep groove in the belt, pinholes is starting to form. I could do it, I love the feeling of doing it myself but I feel more comfortable with someone who has done them before. If you are serious about doing it, hit me up. You would have to bring the tools and travel here. I could pay extra. That would be cool, maybe you could help me out with other things such as tunning sometime. Do you have much experience on the timing belt job? I'm trying to get someone lined up to do it.

I wish I could teleport , :sneaky:I'd beam the previous mechanic out of here.ROFL

On Body work I have a ton of patience, but I'm kinda slow when it comes to patience on mechanic work. :(I once beat my MITSU mighty max up when the timing belt gave out on it.:ohdamn: Then I had to repair the body and drive around with a crack winshield.:banghead::cry::toobad:

That's a little to far for me I think. Definitely don't drive it when the T-belt is in that condition. I was hoping to not have to drive. When do you need it done?

The greenwood mall? I hate that place LOL. All the 16 year olds who just got their license try to race me no matter which of my cars I'm in. Stupid Honda's.

On Body work I have a ton of patience, but I'm kinda slow when it comes to patience on mechanic work. :(I once beat my MITSU mighty max up when the timing belt gave out on it.:ohdamn: Then I had to repair the body and drive around with a crack winshield.:banghead::cry::toobad:

Wheres B town? Blacksburg? I'd do it for you I'm about 45 minutes south of Virginia. :hellyeah:

Umm, I just read the rest of the thread. LOL

I would need it done by in the month of june. :pray:The quicker the better. :pray:I do not actually live in virginia. I live in Albany Ky. I got several enemies. :shhh:Ha ha.LOL..LOL. Its a long story.

Get it to Louisville and I'll do it for you.

First off no one's going to do it for you in half an hour unless you're engine bay has everything deleted or relocated.

As for all these people not wanting to drive what's up with that? I seriously considered driving from indy (mapquest said 4hours 27mins) That's what he's paying for, if you live close and need some money you better take up the offer before someone else does.

Kids these days, want to have their cake and eat it too.

I'm with you on that one habitat guy. It is an original stock car with everything except the a/c. I did take that off. Its atleast a 4 or so hour job.

First off no one's going to do it for you in half an hour unless you're engine bay has everything deleted or relocated.

It was meant to be sarcastic saying that we have good experience in doing it. Not realistically changing the T belt in half an hour...:banghead:

I'd help out but like HBGuy said map quest said for me thats 6 hours away! shock It'd take 2-3 hours to do...right that is. LOL

It was meant to be sarcastic saying that we have good experience in doing it. Not realistically changing the T belt in half an hour...:banghead:

Just saying though cause I know a guy who's engine bay is so bare that he actually can change his in about 45mins.

But anyway OP I'll be going to Tennessee next weekend for a family reunion, I've never done a timing belt job however but I know that I could do one no problem. If you want to pay me to do it I can probably make the time, but I really suggest that you try it yourself, just buy a Haynes, study it over and over, and find a good write-up on it on the web, study it, and go for it.

I just pulled my tranny and it really wasn't that hard at all because I studied a lot before I did it.

you can call me ill guide you threw the process.ill charge u $500 hahaha j.k but really dude all you need is a paper clip a few basic tools and you can do it your self i did my own cars maybe 4 times its easy 5 gears to line up thats allready marked.go to vfaq.com theres a how to on doing a timing belt job.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back