The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Anyone w bunch of 4g63 knowledge? Switching from 8 to 4 cylinders.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelby7

Probationary Member
Apr 16, 2012
Pryor, Oklahoma
I am about to buy a 95 talon fully built. I'm unfamiliar w these cars and just want to make sure everything checks out to the professionals here. Ive always been a boosted v8 guy and these are foreign to me but I gotta get one. This is kinda bench racing, but I just want to know if this is a properly set up car and what she's good for. Thanks in advance!

1995 Eagle Talon TSI turbo
This car has TONs of new parts and a lot of money and time invested. 2.0 engine has been bored and honed to 86mm with JE pistons. Eagle 3.937 crank and eagle 5.9 H-beam rods giving this 100mm of stroke to make it a 2.4L stroker with all forged internals, head has been reworked ported, polished, port matched an 1mm oversized valves installed by bj's head service. Precision 6152e turbo and rx7 680cc injectors that flowed 800 on the bench and have been sonic cleaned.front mount intercooler, Msd wires, synapse blow off valve, sheet metal racing intake manifold, dual stage manual boost controller, dual core aluminum racing radiator with twin 12" pusher fans, 170* thermostat, nitrous and boost gauges installed to a-pillar, dummy cat/test pipe, NoS fogger system with 20lb bottle mounted in trunk, carbon fiber eclipse tail lights, halo projector headlights and eclipse body kit installed, eniki 18" wheels with aggressive sumitomo 245/40zr/18 htrz III tires, new brakes all the way around, short throw shifter spec clutch. Also have 2 weld prostar aluminum ultralights for the strip as well as the original set of stock wheels and tires, k&N intake, ecmlink V3 tuning software with 2 step, 10k rpm limiter, progressive nitrous, etc.. It will handle anything you throw at it as far as tuning purposes go. Ecu has been sent to Maryland and epromed and has been installed. Sony speakers, rear speaker have been fabed for the 6x9s that are now in the car as well as a in dash 7" flip out DVD unit installed with park brake override switch. Greddy turbo timer, strut tower braces in front and rear for exceptional handling.
The engine has 7 miles on it, transmission has roughly 15k miles on it, and body has just over 100k.
Over 15k invested in the car and I just had a baby and I don't need a hot rod. Car has had a full detail. Turbo will support up to 650HP and can easily exceed that depending on wether you choose to run nitrous. I have The receipts to the build to show you. It was built to handle 40lbs of boost and a large shot of nitrous, I have all of the nozzles from as little as a 100 shot to a 250 shot included.innovate wideband lc-1 kit.

Work left to do : nitrous lines are ran and bottle mounted just needs tapped into pipe. needs wideband installed and finished tuning. (has a base tune on it now, starts runs and drives)

Car is local to me, the body kit on it is horrendous. There is something up with it to where the o2 won't cycle (last I knew of it anyhow, I took a look at one of the logs to see if I could figure out any obvious problems, no time to actually go look at it and help him get it running. 7k is far too much for the car, you can buy a running one for that, and without the body kit. There are some good performance parts on it but I would make sure he has got the car running correctly first. I will text him and ask him if he has it buttoned up any more than the last time I talked to him

I would do the follow up with Dyesuperman for sure.

About the 6152e they can be a good turbo but some have had failure problems with them. There is a thread on here about them. I picked one up used that seemed to be in excellent condition and was even still clean and it didn't last very long at all. The thrust split in half, bearings scored, and the wheels hit the housings. Another words it trashed itself. I never even hit much boost with it and for the most part I babied it. Even with saying all that there are many that have had no problems at all. You can always swap out the turbo.

Is this a solid build? Is anything missing that is expensive? Just curious How much power this capable of and what power the motor can hold. Also a ball park of what it's worth

The engine is a 2.3 stroker not a 2.4 like he said. Not a deal breaker, but people who know how to build strokers don't get them mixed up. So I'd check stroke with a wooden dowel or long screw driver just to make sure he's not bluffing.

Also, 680cc injectors are a bit small for a 6152 turbo. He also didn't mention a fuel pump. Otherwise the build seems pretty decent. The price and the condition of the body are also a huge factor though.

He's running a single walbro 255. The injectors he said "Yes, their 84-85 rx7 turbo injectors. They are rated at 680cc. They flowed 790@ 42.6psi fuel pressure. I have an aero motive fuel system on the car. @45lbs it jumped to a flow rating of 980cc. On pump gas the numbers should be between 5-600whp. Also have a fogger kit with jets from 75-300 shot."

Anyone?

My only advise is UNLESS you have Dsm-er friends local to help anything car related be careful.I personally wouldn't buy anything unknown to me that has been modded to BUILT status by somebody else. I was in your shoes a couple years back. The car was beefed up lots new parts but shitty build quality. The car ended blowing up I sunk a lot money in it and never got it running, I sold just lost a lot money on it.I pick up a Gsx close to stock. After that joined here got it completely redone up to the stock specs. Then supporting mods for bigger power.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back