The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

anyone tried this ebay intercooler

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97grnrs

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 3, 2004
reading, Pennsylvania
it looks like it should fit my 95 talon. i dont mind removing the bumper beam if need be. i just wanna see if anyone else has one and if it actually fit decently or am i better off going with one with an outlet on each side instead?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Kinda looks like the one on the gsx I recently rebuilt the engine in. Just like it actually. Uses part of the stock upper pipe or at least was on the gsx. Fits without cutting the bumper. cant say how well it works though. Didn't get to push alot of boost at the time. Better than the stocker though.

There are way better ebay kits than that for at least the same price.

I would avoid that one simply because of the super long route asking for more lag and boost leaks.

I have used that kit. It's the same kit Godspeed used to sell. The core is OK for it's size, but the piping route is ridiculous. It will fit behind the 2ga bumper, but won't allow you to keep the crash beam or stock fog lights. My Punishment Kit reduced the piping by an easy 2-3 feet and increased performance all around. Most importantly, it allowed me to run a handful more boost and timing. Spend the extra cash for a Punishment or VRSF kit.

Here's pics of my old Godpseed kit.

Link to my Punishment FMIC install: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/bolt-tech/440986-2ga-punishment-racing-fmic-install-guide.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I recommend the Punishment bolt-on kit. It bolts right onto the bumper support support brackets and is short route piping. It's a great kit for the money in my opinion. Here's a pic of it on my car.

And I don't know what BOV you have, but the ebay one that comes in the kit fits good and a 1g BOV fits perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
The PR kit is extremely easy to install. Not sure if the lower pipe will get in the way of a bigger exhaust and dump tube. I'll find out soon enough. On a 2gb you have to trim a good portion of the opening but its really easy and impossible to F up. If you want to keep fogs: PR, if you dont care about fog lights, VRSF is cheaper and from what ive heard its just as good as PR.
If you have very deep pockets: ETS. Most people dont drop that much on an IC, but most people dont actually need an IC that good either.

The PR kit is extremely easy to install. Not sure if the lower pipe will get in the way of a bigger exhaust and dump tube. I'll find out soon enough.

I had no problems at all installing this kit. I have a full 3" turboback with no fitment issues with the lower pipe. Only thing I had to modify was the plastic splash guard on the driver's side lower motor. I had to trim about an inch off of it to not hit the piping.

well i think im gonna go with one that has the outlet on ea side like in the picture, i can bend my own piping at work so rather than use the first one i found i think side exits would be better.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back