The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Anyone still active here in STL?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sproutrocksit

Probationary Member
Apr 23, 2013
St. Peters, Missouri
Don't know if this forum is still active, but does anyone in the St. Louis area have any recommendations for a mechanic or shop that has specific expertise with DSMs? My current 2g Spyder has never run right since replacing the timing belt many years ago (vibrates like hell ever since, shop that did the work refused to admit fault or fix it). Had it re-timed by someone else, and replaced motor mounts twice to no avail. Just bought another Spyder and will want to seriously baby this one. Hoping to find someone who really knows what they're doing. Thanks for any suggestions.

Don't know if this forum is still active, but does anyone in the St. Louis area have any recommendations for a mechanic or shop that has specific expertise with DSMs? My current 2g Spyder has never run right since replacing the timing belt many years ago (vibrates like hell ever since, shop that did the work refused to admit fault or fix it). Had it re-timed by someone else, and replaced motor mounts twice to no avail. Just bought another Spyder and will want to seriously baby this one. Hoping to find someone who really knows what they're doing. Thanks for any suggestions.
The forum is very active. Hope you would find some mechanic locally who is familiar to our engines.
And it sounds you have a wrong timing on timing/balance shaft belt. Make sure it's timed properly. If you don't know how to, Take some pics and upload it here. So we may be able to help you.

Thanks for your reply! It looks like I'll be selling the old 97 Spyder with the timing issue. Never could get it right after the first guy screwed it up. Even had a couple of friends who are professional mechanics try, but it always reverted to that heavy vibration pretty quickly even with the motor mounts replaced. I have seen a few posts around here discussing how to do it correctly, but not having the skills to work on my own cars, I'm kind of at the mercy of my buddies. Wish I knew more about how to work on it myself (I'm a girl, so nobody thinks I'm serious, LOL). Anyway, the old car had other condition issues as well and I've just replaced her with an identical 99 Spyder with 30k original miles. :D
Really hoping that when she does have issues, I'll be able to find someone with specialized knowledge and a soft spot for these cars, since I'm hoping to keep this one forever.

Not too many people use the forum anymore. I still enjoy using it while I am at work. I'm wayyyyyy late on this post. There is a couple local fb pages. Gatewaydsm is the stl area group. Still pretty inactive LOL. There are a lot of dsms but most are parked in the garage needing something.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back