The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECUflash Anyone running methanol with EcuFlash?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FirstCarIsA GSX

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 20, 2010
Riverside, California
I have a 98 flashable ecu and can tune fine with the methanol on EcuFlash but can't have a map swapping function to swap to a more conservative tune incase for some reason the methanol stops injecting (out of methanol, failed pump, clog etc.).
From what i've heard you can swap maps with link but not with EcuFlash so what are some of the things you guys out there have done out there with 98/99 ecu's? i've seen options like snow performance's "safeinjection" but don't know anyone using it so some help on the matter would be appreciated.

I wish you didn't have to do a flash to go to your second maps though. But it only takes a minute and it sure beats no multiple maps at all!

Attachments

• mapswitch.jpg
    mapswitch.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 87
Okay the so the question is, would there be a way to set it to switch maps incase something happened and the methanol stopped injecting to avoid knock/detonation? im relatively new to EcuFlash and don't know all of the little tricks yet.

No, I haven't. I'm still looking for a 98-99 DSM in decent shape.

Any info on this stuff? I have read about if you ground the pin it will switch, but is there any way to wire it up to a dip switch?

Would you just have a 2 position switch that grounds it when it's closed and not grounded when its open?

Would you just have a 2 position switch that grounds it when it's closed and not grounded when its open?

This is exactly what you'd do to have a selectable ground switch.

It's too bad Ceddy's big maps don't have alternates like the standard size maps do.

you will need an evo 8 or 9 ecu with tephra mod, this will give you dual 30x30 maps and you will need an Aquamist meth injection system for any fail safe options. They work together and there is a lot of support!

the best meth system on the market!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back