The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Anyone remember the black AMS Talon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrackedDSM

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2009
Pensacola, Florida
Title kinda says it all, but does anyone remember that black AMS Talon? It ran the underground racing guys when they all had supras and was on an IMV Films feature one time. Curious if anyone has pictures of it or knows what I’m talking about? It had a built 2.4, 42R, and a dog box if I remember correctly.

So I ask because I found it. Very local to me, right in my own backyard! Those who don’t know, this car was a street racing legend, especially in this area. Clean swept TX2K, walking big turbo Supras like they were sitting still. Made the Supra guys go turbo Lambos. Here’s the pictures. Maybe it’ll jog some of your memories.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It’s not as “clean” as it once was but it’s awesome. Straight body, no rust, no issues. It’s a 5-speed car with no sunroof, power windows and locks. It’s kinda unusual tbh. But also it’s cool to find a legend. :)

Obviously the engine and entire car has changed since those days, but the shell itself is awesome to see. Every so often when looking you can find something AMS did back in the day that’s awesome. Like the center console was completely hollowed out, and a nitrous bottle was hidden inside.

Wish I could have this car. I want another 1G so bad I can taste it.

Last edited:
The only way I knew about it was the YouTube video where it raced some bikes at 670hp. I tried to find the video but can't. The car looks like shit now and it's hard to believe it looked anything like that in it's prime. I remember the AMS black evo was really badass. "chrisEvo" or something?

The only way I knew about it was the YouTube video where it raced some bikes at 670hp. I tried to find the video but can't. The car looks like shit now and it's hard to believe it looked anything like that in it's prime. I remember the AMS black evo was really badass. "chrisEvo" or something?

It’s because it sat under Florida trees. Honestly a good pressure wash and it will help a lot. The wheels need work, but it’s mostly just dirty. I remember the evo too.

How does that car go to that? Baffling. Is that really the same one?

Edit. I guess people lose interest, life happens, sell it, breakage, etc…. But damn.

Is it for sale? In P’Cola?

How does that car go to that? Baffling. Is that really the same one?

One of the previous owners was a self admitted lazy pos who was only out to make a quick dollar because he wanted an evo. Before his hack jobbing the car sat for a long time in the Florida trees. Not a good recipe.

Example: the shifter cables were held together with cut up soda can and duct tape. Not kidding either.

Edit. I guess people lose interest, life happens, sell it, breakage, etc…. But damn.

Is it for sale? In P’Cola?

I missed this edit until just now, but it was for sale. Was. :sneaky:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back