The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Resolved 1G Anyone know what this is???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacklabelbroth

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 3, 2008
norton, Virginia
I'm not sure if this is where I need to post this at but here it is, it's mounted on the fire wall has a green wire a red wire and a white wire.

Attachments

• dont know what this is.jpg
    dont know what this is.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 201
looks like its aftermarket whatever it is....alarm maybe... dont remember seeing that under my hood

yeah it is a shock sensor for an aftermarket alarm, its purpose is if someone decides to come up and break in and they rock the vehicle at all, in design its supposed to feel it and set the alarm off but like everyone else said if you dont have the alarm anymore take it out, just be sure to seal up the wires that were tapped into

Cool thanks alot guys, that thing was on the car when I got it and just never really noticed it until the other day. It doesnt have an alarm so I'll be ripping it out :thumb:
Keep it, and look up on youtube how to solder, and make something interesting outta it. Like an alarm on the toilet seat, etc. I think they use a magnetic ball of sorts that completes the circuit when moved....so set it up somewhere where someone will bump it and set an alarm off....good to scare the crap outta the parents or roommates LOL.

what kind f boost gauge do you have??? If you have a Greddy boost gauge that might be the sending unit... If not it's a shock sensor as everyone has stated...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back