The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Anyone know what kind of car this is?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil corb

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 7, 2005
Woodbridge, Virginia
So last friday my gf and I were at a local chiptole when I see this 4dr wagon back into a spot with black rims. I looked to see what kind of car it is but I couldn't recognize it all. I walk to the front and I see a lion inside of a crown or square. Look to the back for the model name and all I can see in the corner is words starting with AK...or AV...or AY... (something like that) It was dark and we were in a hurry.

Now based off my research the closest car model emblem is Peugot but as far as I know they are not sold in the US unless imported.

This is has been driving me crazy trying to figure this out as a true car enthusiast (not because I'm crazy :sneaky:)

The emblem looked similar to this except from what I can see the the lion was just the outline and the box was in a crown shape:

The car kinda looked like this 4dr chevy malibu wagon

Any of you know this vehicle?

Attachments

• peugot.jpg
    peugot.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 252
  • 2004_chevrolet_malibu_.jpg
    2004_chevrolet_malibu_.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 243
What no pix snapped???

What era was it? 80,90,2000+?
I know I know, I was in a rush it looked like a late 90s to early mid 2000 vehicle

Was it a holden badge?
The badge does resemble this but I saw the model start with A, I just saw a pic of a holden adventra and it does resemble it but the holden badge doesn't look like the badge of the front of this car.

Could of been a Sabb wagon
Def not a saab, they are pretty distinct

That's a Peugeot badge.

It's what the closest emblem that matched it online although the Holden one looks similiar and they have model names that started with A and fit the physical description. This has been driving me crazy for days now :cry:

Holden's are a g8 basically, did it look like a pontiac g8?
Also the Peugeot Allure 508. Look at cars sold in canada. I live on the US/mexican border. I always see those toyota Helux driving around, I want one but cant register it. As well as the mitsubshi LP100? and the honda City and a few other odd ball cars.

Thought it was a rebadged Maxx as a Vauxhall. That is surely a Peugeot emblem. Not sure on model.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vauxhall_Motors"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vauxhall_Motors[/ame]

Well, based off the research. It seems the Holden Commodore is the closest looking vehicle to the one I saw. I guess I will have to stalk that chipotle until the guy comes back, if he ever does...hahha

thanks everyone :thumb:

Attachments

• Holden_Sportwagon_SSV_4.jpg
    Holden_Sportwagon_SSV_4.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 187
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Is this the badge? I forgot about this thread until I came across something that resembled the peugeot badging. Looking a bit closer, I don't see a wagon in the manufactures lineup.... it's from a Toyota Soarer.

Could be a aesthetically converted GM car, Holden is basically GM's sold overseas. Prime example, Holden/Vauxhall Monaro (aka Pontiac GTO).

There were plans for a Pontiac G8 Sportwagon which was basically a Holden Commodore....unless you were seeing the reflection of an adjacent Food Lion sign on the back of the car. :D

Is this the badge? I forgot about this thread until I came across something that resembled the peugeot badging. Looking a bit closer, I don't see a wagon in the manufactures lineup.... it's from a Toyota Soarer.
Eh, not really. If it was that badge the car def wasn't a soarer (I wish though) LOL
There were plans for a Pontiac G8 Sportwagon which was basically a Holden Commodore....unless you were seeing the reflection of an adjacent Food Lion sign on the back of the car. :D

Actually justin, food lion wasn't too far away from this chipotle haha

Interesting point Wes, the car looked like 4dr wagon but it was pretty dark out. Maybe it could of been a rebadge and since those cars are long coupes could of been just that. I stopped stalking the chipotle waiting for it to come back :/

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back