1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1G Anyone know what a 1993 OEM CD player/ radio looked like?

Posted by PGHtsi, Feb 16, 2019

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. PGHtsi

PGHtsi Probationary Member

Joined Feb 3, 2019
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    I have a 93 Talon Tsi. It has the OEM tape/ radio with equalizer double din stereo.

My neighbor used to fix radios for Ford, Dodge, Chevy, etc dealers and has hundreds of 80s, 90s and 2000s OEM radios that could possibly work.

Does anyone have a picture of the OEM CD player/ radio?

Does anyone know if any Chrysler, or maybe 93-94 Mitsubishi 3000GT OEM CD player /radio part numbers that would work just plugging into OEM harness?

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. ist dwa

ist dwa Proven Member

Joined Nov 5, 2009
    Centerville, Ohio
    why would use an oem radio, they're junk. try not be a 16 year old and buy a good aftermarket one. 2gs won't work because of the amp. and to be honest 1g CD players didn't work well or if at all either...CD players just came out back then.

3. PGHtsi

Joined Feb 3, 2019
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    I wanted to keep the car looking as original as possible. My neighbor could fix it if breaks. I have a Pioneer and Sony aftermarket I may end up putting in.

I was also surprised that when I searched the internet, I couldn't even find a pic of an OEM CD player. My original tape player, radio and EQ work still.

4. 19Eclipse90

19Eclipse90 DSM Wiseman

Joined Sep 29, 2003
    OKC, Oklahoma
    There were a variety of different radios used in the 1G models. A few examples found from a Google search...

IMG_0134.jpg

62315109-770-0@2X.jpg

1G DDradio.jpg

5. ist dwa

ist dwa Proven Member

Joined Nov 5, 2009
    Centerville, Ohio
    This was the most common OEM 1g CD player, complete garbage, I couldn't give these things away, I have thrown quite a few out over the years, but you want to know what it looks like.
    Radio.jpg

6. 19gsx91

19gsx91 Proven Member

Joined Apr 20, 2011
    Walworth, New York
    I have a mint 1g radio out of a 92 eclipse.. If you get the ones that had a "cd" plug in it can be used as an aux port and hooked right to your phone. Why upgrade something that works just fine?

The radio is dsm specific. 90-94. I'll get a picture when I get home from work

Street Build 3K  16

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    292 whp · 264 lb/ft · 1G DSM
    19Eclipse90 likes this.
  7. PGHtsi

Joined Feb 3, 2019
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    My factory 93 tape and EQ still work good. My 76 year old neighbor has hundreds of radios because he used to fix them and would get 1 of each common 1 from the junk yards to keep for parts or direct replacement for people. I was trying to see pics and or part number to see if I could get one from him.

I like the OEM factory look. I just bought the car 2 weeks ago. 1 owner from 62 year old guy.

Thanks to everyone for posting the pics.

8. o0GuitarKid0o

o0GuitarKid0o Proven Member

Joined Dec 12, 2013
    Winnipeg ,MB, MB, Canada
    Mines got a CD changer in the truck its OEM to but for a 1991

Street Build 553  7

1991 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
    fwd · automatic · 1G DSM