The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Anyone know if skyline\HCR32 oem wheels fit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syndicate

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 22, 2004
Apopka, Florida
My swirlies are pretty bent up , and since I ended up using money on other car parts i do not have the cash to "buy" wheels and ill also need new tires .

Wondering if the earlier skyline awd oem wheels fit our cars ( i think they are 40mm offset , 16x6.5 and 5x114.3 ) i could care less they are skyline wheels im just trying to find cheap wheels that look nice and are of good quality .. You can pick up all 4 from most importers for around 200 bucks

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You can use those since the offset and bolt pattern are OK, but you won't be able to go past a 215 width tire on them since they're only 6.5" wide. But yes, they should fit if your bolt pattern info and offset numbers are accurate.

If they are really off a Skyline (or any other Nissan), then the centerbore is probably 1mm too small.

EDIT: to be clear: we have a 67.1mm centerbore, while most Nissans have 66.1mm.

- Jtoby

Damn , Thanks for the info guys .. time to start saving I suppose .

Since Jtoby knows ALL about suspension, wheels and tires, you may want to shoot him a PM and see if the wheels can possibly be machined on the centerbore. I don't know enough to say yes or no but he would certainly know.

Don't give up just yet.

Ya I just dont want to have togo through a bunch of stuff to get them to work , Was just hoping for a cheap alternative to get me by for a while , and I could use some tires I already had .

I have enough to order those team dynamic wheels but there are so many other things I still need.. Choices choices .

Im worried about my old suspension , my mushy brakes , my 80000 pound pressure on my clutch pedal for some unknown reason . I just was looking for a cheap alternative

Any decent machine shop can open up the centerbores for maybe $10 a wheel. 1mm is nothing. Just don't do it at home with a dremel! Pay the dollars to have it done right. This could kill you.

- Jtoby

ps. thanks for the kind words ... being anal has its uses

I had some motorcycle wheels machined similarly a while back. If you take them to a shop that cares about what they're doing I'd guess at about $2-300 to machine 4 wheels.

Why ? Setup mostly. It will only take a minute or so to machine that 1mm, but it will take at least an hour to fixture correctly, and then there's time to mount, true and dismount each wheel from the fixture - that's where all the time will be, at about $75-$100/hr.

Charles

I would but floridas industry for that kind of work is horrible ( garages , machine shops that focus on automotive etc ) ..

Im just going to camp ebay for ssr's that dont have a funky offset ( ugh so many nice wheels and none of them fit )

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back