The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Anyone in the Eau Claire area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97spydermane

Probationary Member
Aug 15, 2011
eau claire, Wisconsin
Looking for some fellow DSM owners in the eau claire chippewa area. Id love if someone could come out and help me get mine running right, let me know

Greetings folks. I recently purchased a 1999 OZ limited edition GS. I have the car up on stands in my tiny garage, working on ripping the motor out to take to the shop for a full rebuild. This is my first total deconstruction/reconstruction of a modern car (did a couple muscle cars years back...totally different LOL).

I'm in Eau Claire, and I've got a friend or two that comes out now and then to help take it apart, but I'm starting to get nervous. See, I need it back together before the 2nd week of April. And I need it fully broken in before June. I've got a big cross-country road trip scheduled then.

I'm ultimately doing a full tear down of the major mechanicals. That is: engine, suspension, brakes, driveline components, etc. My nervousness is due to the fact that I work 66 hours a week and only have a couple hours a week to dedicate to this project, but time runs short. If there are any respectable, mature DSMers in town (don't mean any disrespect, but I prefer at least late college age folk..) that have some time to kill, and would be interested in lending a hand now and then to help me get this done, there'd definitely be a case of "select adult beverages" in it for ya!

Let me know!

ugh, im not sure age really matters all that much, but i get where your coming from. Im 19, and im putting 600+whp to the road, so i know quite a bit about these cars. why are you rebuilding the engine? and why are you ripping everything apart?

Hey just seeing if your in the eau Claire area yet I'm having to problems getting my talon going after I didn't the rebuild has 6 bolt swap just can't figure out the wiring?? I hope you can help or send me in the right direction

Just wanted to pop in in case anyone was watching this thread. I mentioned above that I was building a 2g GS... Well now I'm trying to sell it, half done :D

My for-sale thread is in our regional section.

Hey guys! Im from new richmond wi...i work in menomonie wi.. im new here and looking for fellow dsm'ers!

hey fellow dsmers i just got a 95 tsi awd. i was looking to see if there was any dsm clubs here or around eau claire?

Not really and DSM clubs in the area that I know of.. Theres a few of us UW Stout guys in menom that get together every now and again. my dsm, an S2K, few subies, an evo... yea, not too many DSM guys in the area though

I am also in Eau Claire and looking to pick up another 2G. Been a couple of years and there are a few fine specimens on craigslist right now.

Usually go to RFR with some locals from the twin cities from time to time.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back